Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Santander  (Read 1298 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Santander
« on: 01 September 2016, 13:01:30 »

Opened an account with the after thier over advertised TV campain for the 1-2-3 account.

Started off with a £2 monthly account charge :)

Upped that to a £5 monthly charge  :(

Now the cheeky sods have halfed thier interest from 3% (savings over £3K) to 1.5% for savings above 2%  >:(

They changed now it looks like time for me to change  ::) :-\
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Santander
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2016, 13:26:14 »

Interest was always going to plummet when we voted to leave the EU.  Anyone who thought otherwise was as misinformed as those who think we can still have all the good parts of the EU without the immigration following brexit.
Grumpy old man

ted_one

« Reply #2 on: 02 September 2016, 17:10:33 »

Interest rates excluding Santander,have been shite a lot longer than the Brexit vote...iirc ::) I've been bent over by Natwest for quite a few years regardless of my customer loyalty, and so myself and SWMBO have just dumped Lloyds and NW for Santander because 1.5% is better than .5%. BTW, the bankers bonuses probably won't be affected by Brexit in my estimation >:(  greedy ba****ds!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 September 2016, 12:28:16 »

Interest rates excluding Santander,have been shite a lot longer than the Brexit vote...iirc ::) I've been bent over by Natwest for quite a few years regardless of my customer loyalty, and so myself and SWMBO have just dumped Lloyds and NW for Santander because 1.5% is better than .5%. BTW, the bankers bonuses probably won't be affected by Brexit in my estimation >:(  greedy ba****ds!
But they are all going to have to drop over the coming months. And that is squarely at the door of the brexit vote.

The idea of a slow increase in rates (which is what most banks had made their products around) is now well and truly up the Gary Glitter.

Not sure why all this is the bankers' fault? But they will probably have a lean year, then a stonkingly good one for and good bankers, as their next set of targets will mean anyone of them able to make any profit with our pensions and ISAs will see them hitting targets.
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 September 2016, 12:54:50 »

Interest was always going to plummet when we voted to leave the EU.  Anyone who thought otherwise was as misinformed as those who think we can still have all the good parts of the EU without the immigration following brexit.

They lied to us?? Our politicians? That can't be legal? Or even allowed without being slipped a surreptitious brown envelope stuffed with used fivers?

Wait, the haze of naivety is clearing, and ghastly reality is taking shape: it seems we're all oppsed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.