Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Car sales.... Not  (Read 5695 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Car sales.... Not
« Reply #15 on: 09 January 2018, 11:20:01 »

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 January 2018, 11:20:41 »

Some years ago we had a very modest house. but no mortgage. A good business deal meant we were in a position to move quite a bit upmarket. We spotted a couple of properties in an area we liked both with the same estate agent. He wouldn't let me view them. Discouraged me on every house I asked about. Didn't want my contact details. He couldn't take on board the price range jump.

I bought the house I wanted via a different agent, and 18 years later refused to consider using the same agent when I sold. Never pre-judge people. I now have a small business, and I'm always surprised at who spends the most.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 09 January 2018, 11:53:02 »

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/maserati/quattroporte/first-drives/2016-maserati-quattroporte-gts-review

The Quattroporte GTS on Top Gear did sound rather nice.  8)
Quattroporte, meaning..........four doors. Very exotic  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 09 January 2018, 11:56:07 »

Some years ago we had a very modest house. but no mortgage. A good business deal meant we were in a position to move quite a bit upmarket. We spotted a couple of properties in an area we liked both with the same estate agent. He wouldn't let me view them. Discouraged me on every house I asked about. Didn't want my contact details. He couldn't take on board the price range jump.

I bought the house I wanted via a different agent, and 18 years later refused to consider using the same agent when I sold. Never pre-judge people. I now have a small business, and I'm always surprised at who spends the most.

There’s nothing I like better than putting on my thickest Scouse accent when ringing anyone in authority, they can’t wait to put the phone down, I can tell. But I won’t let them.  :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 January 2018, 11:59:03 »

One of the wealthiest men I've ever known used to always dress like he'd just been digging the garden. He ran his own successful business & drove a Rolls Royce.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 January 2018, 12:16:37 »

I would, but then I don't claim to be in my right mind.  :)

As would I......although like Mr Bitz I'm not of sound mind. :) :)

The Italian do passion.....the Germans do pragmatism. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 January 2018, 12:17:46 »

The Italians do passion.....the Germans do pragmatism. :y

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 January 2018, 12:21:46 »

Me too,in a heartbeat if I had the funds :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 January 2018, 12:24:03 »

Me too,in a heartbeat if I had the funds :y

I still hanker after an Alfa Montreal.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 January 2018, 12:28:06 »

There’s nothing I like better than putting on my thickest Scouse accent when ringing anyone in authority, they can’t wait to put the phone down, I can tell. But I won’t let them.  :)

Oh . . . . is there such a thing as a "thin" Scouse accent then ?    ;D

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 09 January 2018, 12:46:05 »

Oh . . . . is there such a thing as a "thin" Scouse accent then ?    ;D
There certainly is...Scouse lite, where the recipient doesn’t get soaked with spit.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 January 2018, 13:38:08 »

One of the wealthiest men I've ever known used to always dress like he'd just been digging the garden. He ran his own successful business & drove a Rolls Royce.

I know a fella who is in his late 50's, about 20 stone, looks as though he buys his clothes from charity shops, could do with a good scrub etc, and goes round in a rusty Citreon Berlingo van.  ::)

I know that he owns and rents out about 50 odd houses!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 January 2018, 14:14:43 »

I know a fella who is in his late 50's, about 20 stone, looks as though he buys his clothes from charity shops, could do with a good scrub etc, and goes round in a rusty Citreon Berlingo van.  ::)

There's a saying, something along the lines of  . . . .

"Rich people stay rich by spending like they're poor

Poor people stay poor by spending like they're rich"

I can personally think of two people in the past, flash cars, big houses, bimbo wives (also with flash cars) etc. Both went bust, one actually did a runner owing lots of cash.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 January 2018, 15:08:55 »

There's a saying, something along the lines of  . . . .

"Rich people stay rich by spending like they're poor

Poor people stay poor by spending like they're rich"

I can personally think of two people in the past, flash cars, big houses, bimbo wives (also with flash cars) etc. Both went bust, one actually did a runner owing lots of cash.
Alot to be said for paying upfront... ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #29 on: 09 January 2018, 16:18:18 »

I used to have a mate who was in the scrap metal business who loved people judging him by his scruffy appearance, always paid for everything in cash , was with him in 1975 when he bought a new XJ6 for himself and a Rover 2200 for his missus , the salesman's face was a picture!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.