Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tinnitus  (Read 4410 times)

STEMO

Tinnitus
« on: 01 July 2018, 18:47:49 »

Any sufferers? I'm not actually sure if I'm suffering from it, as the know-all in the corner tells me that it could be lots of other things. I've heard it called 'ringing' in the ears, but mine is more of a 'whistle', a bit like a 1KC tone from a scope. Been about a week now, more noticeable at night, obviously.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Tinnitus
« Reply #1 on: 01 July 2018, 18:52:10 »

Have you been poking the only thing on earth made for purpose that you should never use, cotton buds, in your ear.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 01 July 2018, 19:05:04 »

Have you been poking the only thing on earth made for purpose that you should never use, cotton buds, in your ear.
Not recently, although I have in the past. Hasn't everyone?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 July 2018, 19:17:55 »

Yup, the instructions specifically forbid it...  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 01 July 2018, 19:43:56 »

Yup, the instructions specifically forbid it...  ::)
Always been a bit of a rebel, me  ::)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 July 2018, 20:04:14 »

I've had it for many years, particularly annoying when you home in on it, or someone mentions it so you home in on it.    ::)
Mine sounds like a cross between an airline (compressor type, not a plane) constantly running and a ringing at the same time. Mine was caused by noisy factory environment apparently. I've had the brain scans but nothing they can do apparently.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 01 July 2018, 20:24:19 »

I've had it for many years, particularly annoying when you home in on it, or someone mentions it so you home in on it.    ::)
Mine sounds like a cross between an airline (compressor type, not a plane) constantly running and a ringing at the same time. Mine was caused by noisy factory environment apparently. I've had the brain scans but nothing they can do apparently.
Sorry  :-[

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 July 2018, 20:47:38 »

You could try Earex olive oil drops. .......about £6 for 20ml

Or you could try olive oil for about 1/50th of the price. :)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 July 2018, 20:48:17 »

Sorry  :-[

No worries, I didn't intend my reply to come across as rude, although it is very true I added that in jest.  :y

You learn to live with it. If you are busy and your mind is occupied, it's still there but you switch off to it. Mine has definitely got louder over the past few years. I'm completely deaf in my left ear and the tinnitus is in my left ear. It's well loud now I'm thinking about it.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 July 2018, 21:25:43 »

You could try Earex olive oil drops. .......about £6 for 20ml

Or you could try olive oil for about 1/50th of the price. :)
Yea its a lot cheaper, but, not worth the risk if youve got or suffer from an Ear Infection(s).

Medical (or Sterile) Olive Oil (Extra Virgin Olive Oil that been produced and packaged in a Lab) is about as cheap as it gets.  ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 July 2018, 21:32:49 »

Any sufferers? I'm not actually sure if I'm suffering from it, as the know-all in the corner tells me that it could be lots of other things. I've heard it called 'ringing' in the ears, but mine is more of a 'whistle', a bit like a 1KC tone from a scope. Been about a week now, more noticeable at night, obviously.

Ive had it in my right ear for about 8 years. It sounds similar to what you describe. The kind of whistle you got in your ear as a kid if someone walloped you really hard around the ear.
It seems to be slowly getting worse and is pita, but nothing can be done apparently.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 July 2018, 21:39:44 »

Olive oil.  :y

Lets start everyone putting a few warm drops in every night.

We producers need more markets to make up for Trump Tarrifs losses!  5litres top quality about £20. Plus carriage. If there is enough demand could feature in the OOF shop.

Bit off topic sorry.

OP . Are you finding it harder to make out what people are saying because of the noise?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 01 July 2018, 22:05:50 »

Olive oil.  :y

Lets start everyone putting a few warm drops in every night.

We producers need more markets to make up for Trump Tarrifs losses!  5litres top quality about £20. Plus carriage. If there is enough demand could feature in the OOF shop.

Bit off topic sorry.

OP . Are you finding it harder to make out what people are saying because of the noise?
No. If anything, my hearing is a bit over sensitive. Clearing any wax that may or may not be in my ears will not help if it is tinnitus.
Apparently, the cause can be loud, annoying noises over a period of years. Bet more men get it than women.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 July 2018, 22:23:53 »

ditto : same cause & hoofin around on bikes since I was 16 has probably added to it  ::)
Talked to the experts & had the scans & there`s booger all they can do about it  :P
I`m particularly sensitive now to certain noise frequencies that irritate the problem & half deafen me

Another cause is long term use of script drugs. if you notice it early enough, talk to your quack & try summat else.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 July 2018, 22:34:33 »

I've been getting what I think is Tinnitus for about a year now.
Not constant but periodic and faint but still noticeable ,lasts for up to a month and then gradually goes.
Best described as sounding like a rattlesnake .
It's certainly annoying .
My hearing is on the decline ( hereditary ) so I will have to have it seen to in time ,or if it gets worse, but have you seen the price of a good hearing aid ?
I'm afraid I've been a long time user of cotton buds too.
Ho hum....
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.