Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Damp Under Bath  (Read 136 times)

Sir Tigger QC

• Omega Queen
  • West Dorset
    • BMW 530d & a Ford
    • View Profile
Damp Under Bath
« on: 10 August 2018, 19:44:06 »

I have a damp patch inside the back door on an internal brick/block wall which splits the kitchen and bathroom in a single story extension.  :(

I found out that my tenant was leaving the back door open all day and in all weathers so his dogs could come in and out from the garden, so he's had a bollocking for that and I blamed the damp on that!  ;D   To be honest at the time I thought that was what had caused it, but the other day when I was there, on a hunch I had a look under the bath and it's as damp as hell under there.  :o

I can't find any leaks in the waste or the supply pipes, and the walls under the bath are dry so I don't think it's leaking around the edges.  I filled the bath to the brim and left it for a while and couldn't see any leaks in the bath itself either.  :-\

The concrete floor and the underside of the bath however are wet to the touch, but all over, not in a specific place.  I'm wondering if its a bad case of condensation.  ???  :-\

Any ideas chaps? TIA!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

JC is not The Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!!

Doctor Gollum

• Omega Lord
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Damp Under Bath
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2018, 19:52:47 »

Probably water draining through the wall/floor and soaking into the concrete. Massive humidity shifts due to the weather conditions won't help.

Bath panel off and pop a dehumidifier in the bathroom for a couple of days should sort it :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger QC

• Omega Queen
  • West Dorset
    • BMW 530d & a Ford
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2018, 21:21:40 »

My tenant has a bath every day, so I'm wondering if the heat from that hitting the cold air from the concrete floor is causing condensation.  :-\

Although when I pulled the bath panel off, I'd say it was at least 20 hours since the bath was last used.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

JC is not The Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!!

ronnyd

• Omega Baron
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • 51 CDX 2.2 saloon gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2018, 21:53:23 »

Had a flood when bath was emptying a couple of years ago. The strainer and the waste body under it had separated (centre screw had come loose) and the washer wasn,t sealing. Worth a check as when the plug was in it didn,t leak. Had to bale the bath out with a saucepan. :D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • 3.2 MV6 (LPG), Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2018, 22:15:59 »

I doubt condensation alone would be the cause this time of year, or it would have been terrible over the winter. :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Omega Lord
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 August 2018, 23:24:06 »

I only suggested it from the following experience...

Once owned a fiberglass hulled boat with a wooden top. It was in one of the sheds (steel building with concrete floor) having some work done (painting the hull being the job that day) at the yard, sat on trestles. It was this time of year, hot dry Norfolk summer, with the main shutter open. The boat was about 70 feet from the door. Anyways, crack of thunder and the heavens opened. Next thing, there was water literally pouring off all the boats in the shed where all the sudden humidity had condensed onto the hulls and was running off. Took a couple of days before anything was dry enough to work on.
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.