Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Central locking  (Read 961 times)

bomberdeluxe

• Gillingham Kent
    • Omega 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
Central locking
« on: 24 April 2019, 07:30:12 »

I am now having major problems with my 03 CDX central locking system.  It started with just the front passenger door not locking, then not unlocking, now it's the driver's door doing the same thing.  Yesterday I couldn't even open the door using the key, I finally got it to open by having my window open and physically pulling up the button as I turned the key.  The rear passenger doors operate with no problems at all.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Regards to all

Graham

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
Re: Central locking
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2019, 07:52:45 »

There is plenty of info on here about central locking - the main issue generally with the symptoms you describe is faulty door lock solenoid (motors). Some suggest replacing the micro switch inside them, but whenever this problem has occurred on mine, I have always got replacements from a scrap yard. My local usually charges a fiver each, and (touch wood) those that I have removed from breakers have all been good.
It's not a difficult job to change them - the door card has to come off, and carefully remove the plastic liner to gain access to it. It's more fiddly than difficult, but straight forward.
In case you are not aware of what it looks like to identify it, it is a black plastic rectangular 'box' tapered at one end with a white hook covered by a rubber boot, about 4"x 1.5" x1".
There will be pictures on here of the offending item.
Earlier models had a different plug, so go for a model of similar age to to your car. The fronts are the same (either n/s or o/s), but rears are different.
Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: 24 April 2019, 08:00:10 by johnnydog »
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
Re: Central locking
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2019, 21:37:38 »

Sounds like your double locking (press twice) while having a faulty front door locking solenoid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.