Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A strange breed  (Read 3987 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: A strange breed
« Reply #15 on: 07 July 2019, 08:27:22 »

Lizzie, do a poll now of children. I think we would be surprised at where they think meat and milk comes from ( other than supermarkets of course).

Yes, the ignorance is still out there, but not because the info is not available to them on tv, on the Internet and indeed everywhere. But now in 2019, unlike the 1930's (which my Eastend mum used to refer to on this type of subject) it is probably due to many parents still being reluctant to inform their little darlings about one of the facts of life; us humans eat living things, like those cute little lambs!! :D :D ;)

As Andy touches on there are young children who understand the truth, but I must say I would have been that little girl in 1958 who would not have known that grissly fact. I was a very a emotional kid, and still am as an adult, who would have cried her eyes out if I was told things like that. In fact it was in about 1960 when I first saw on TV a lion killing some young, helpless, and cute animal. My mum took ages to calm me down and, with much love, explain that was nature; it was the way of life :'( ;)
« Last Edit: 07 July 2019, 08:33:30 by Lizzie Zoom »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 July 2019, 14:17:39 »

But lions are just as cute and fluffy ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 July 2019, 14:33:03 »

But lions are just as cute and fluffy ;D

Indeed they are, and I love them ! ;D ;D ;D ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 July 2019, 15:41:48 »

My daughter was taught where meat comes from at school when she was seven years old. That was thirty years ago and she has been a vegetarian ever since.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 July 2019, 16:09:15 »

My daughter was taught where meat comes from at school when she was seven years old. That was thirty years ago and she has been a vegetarian ever since.  ::)

That is applying to a growing band of adults, as well as children, it seems as the "scares" of all types about meat hits home! :D ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 July 2019, 16:10:30 »

I suggest taking her to the Ferry Inn in Horning for Sunday lunch...

Veggie starter is a giant Yorkshire pud with onion gravy*

Grill some decent smoked bacon for breakfast on Monday and I would wager that she will succumb ;)

* obviously decent gravy is made with beef dripping. This is no exception  ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 July 2019, 18:24:59 »

She dines at Londons finest restaurants regularly, and hasn't succumbed to non veggie food yet, even after copious amounts of alcohol.
Stubborn as a mule doesnt begin to cover it. Cant think where she gets that trait from, but it isn't me.  :-X  :-X ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 July 2019, 18:37:07 »

Many years ago after a 'few' beers I convinced a veggie mate to have a kebab with loads of chilly sauce!  :)

He spent much of the next day running to the loo and cursing me vigorously. ;D  I of course, was full of sympathy!  :-X  ::)  :)

As far as know, he hasn't touched a morsel of meat in the 25 years since.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 July 2019, 18:42:44 »

Lizzie, do a poll now of children. I think we would be surprised at where they think meat and milk comes from ( other than supermarkets of course).

Yes, the ignorance is still out there, but not because the info is not available to them on tv, on the Internet and indeed everywhere. But now in 2019, unlike the 1930's (which my Eastend mum used to refer to on this type of subject) it is probably due to many parents still being reluctant to inform their little darlings about one of the facts of life; us humans eat living things, like those cute little lambs!! :D :D ;)

As Andy touches on there are young children who understand the truth, but I must say I would have been that little girl in 1958 who would not have known that grissly fact. I was a very a emotional kid, and still am as an adult, who would have cried her eyes out if I was told things like that. In fact it was in about 1960 when I first saw on TV a lion killing some young, helpless, and cute animal. My mum took ages to calm me down and, with much love, explain that was nature; it was the way of life :'( ;)
No Lizzie, I prefer my meat to be dead before i eat it. :-*

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 July 2019, 19:36:06 »

No Lizzie, I prefer my meat to be dead before i eat it. :-*

;D ;D ;D very good :y

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 July 2019, 23:33:05 »

I don't get why vegans/veggos need 'meat flavoured sausages' etc... if meat is that repugnant to you, why do you then want to replicate its flavour/texture. ??

It's to  appeal to millennial meat eaters who rather like the taste of meat thank-you-very-much, but don't eat it on the grounds of animal welfare of environmentalism.

Edit: apologies Varche  :-[
« Last Edit: 07 July 2019, 23:34:49 by jimmy944 »

aaronjb

« Reply #26 on: 08 July 2019, 08:36:26 »

My 'little girl' is now 30 but when she was about 4 or 5 she made the connection with the little frolicking lambs in the fields with what we'd just had for Sunday Dinner .....  ??? :-\ :-\ :-\

Is that because you shouted "Mint sauce!" when you walked past the fields?

Or maybe that's just me ;D ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08 July 2019, 09:15:10 »

My 'little girl' is now 30 but when she was about 4 or 5 she made the connection with the little frolicking lambs in the fields with what we'd just had for Sunday Dinner .....  ??? :-\ :-\ :-\

She saw the lambs as we drove passed & said 'we had lamb on Sunday didn't we?'  and we saw the look on her face as she slowly put 2 & 2 together ..... she was then very quiet for a while  :-X :-X

aaronjb

« Reply #28 on: 08 July 2019, 09:29:15 »

I shouldn't laugh ..

.. but I did  :y ;) :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08 July 2019, 09:57:56 »

She saw the lambs as we drove passed & said 'we had lamb on Sunday didn't we?'  and we saw the look on her face as she slowly put 2 & 2 together ..... she was then very quiet for a while :-X :-X

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, poor little dear!  :-* :-*   That has brought tears to my eyes :'( :'( :'(
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.