Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "There's never a Copper round when you want one..."  (Read 629 times)

Rangie

• Intermediate Member
  • PE11
    • Range Rover & Subaru
    • View Profile
Re: "There's never a Copper round when you want one..."
« Reply #15 on: 09 November 2019, 15:13:34 »

Always extra cautious when towing , my rule is check & check again seen some horrendous accidents involving trailers/caravans , problem is some folk have no idea how to load them & even less how to manoeuvre & drive when towing.

the same folk also don't know/care that trailers need occasional maintenance. They're the ones you see with wrecked tyres that have shredded the caravan side, have shed a wheel and flipped while still attached to the car or that have become unhitched. It's even easier to overload a small cheap trailer than a van, and the consequences are worse.

Having to take a test to tow was necessary, but the weight limit was a bad idea: it should have been to tow any trailer.

I have a friend who teaches towing technique for the C&C club some of things he has seen are horrendous caravans with 16 year old tyres on inspection was one & some of the loading of them is beyond stupid. Can't remember the last time I saw any spot checks on caravans by the Police nothing seems to be done now till after an accident.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • R320 TDM850 SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: "There's never a Copper round when you want one..."
« Reply #16 on: 09 November 2019, 17:24:05 »

Any heavier and you need trailer entitlement on your licence... Although you can tow a heavier trailer provided you don't exceed 3,500 kg max.

Depending on when you passed your test  ;)

I'm around 4 tonne when towing  :)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 22 queries.