Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car pass question ....  (Read 1254 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Car pass question ....
« on: 24 January 2010, 13:59:55 »

Not had to use the car pass up to now .. but the accident repair people have asked me to produce it when the car goes in on Wednesday... so I've dug the thing out .. :)

Looking at it brings forth a question .... it has :

VIN - with number
Security code - with 4 digit number
Engine type/ No     Y32SE/ number
Key No - with number
Radio type/code - 2013 /XXXX
Serial No - with number

rest are all blank as expected

Question is .... if the battery gets disconnected I'm guessing I would use the "Security code" to reset as the "radio code" shows XXXX ??

So why do VX have a line for radio code and not use it , but insert 4 * X instead ??

or am I on totally the wrong track ???

:)

« Last Edit: 24 January 2010, 14:00:51 by entwood »

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
Re: Car pass question ....
« Reply #1 on: 24 January 2010, 14:19:37 »

The XXXX against that model number purely indicates that there is not a conventional radio code for that model - as that stereo is Tech2`d in/out  of a vehicle, it does not require a code number to be entered like a normal radio - the only number that is needed is the vehicle code, and that is not something that Joe Public is ever able to enter.

;)

Forgot to say, you can disconnect / reconnect battery to your hearts content, as once that radio is programmed to your car, there is no further need to enter a code for it.
« Last Edit: 24 January 2010, 14:21:27 by Dave_DND »
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 January 2010, 14:58:21 »

The XXXX against that model number purely indicates that there is not a conventional radio code for that model - as that stereo is Tech2`d in/out  of a vehicle, it does not require a code number to be entered like a normal radio - the only number that is needed is the vehicle code, and that is not something that Joe Public is ever able to enter.

;)

Forgot to say, you can disconnect / reconnect battery to your hearts content, as once that radio is programmed to your car, there is no further need to enter a code for it.

'Tis a star that you are ..   :)

Thanks for the quick and simple answer ... appreciated    :y :y :y

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2010, 18:30:43 »

;)

'Tis a star that you are ..   :)

Thanks for the quick and simple answer ... appreciated    :y :y :y

I think Dave is 100% right for CAN-BUS cars.

The Omega doesn't have CAN-BUS except for the special case of Omegas with NCDC and GID or MID display. In your car there is a little piece of CAN-BUS connecting the NCDC to the display and the security code is used to pair the NCDC to the display. Because it cannot talk to the ECU the NCDC cannot check whether the ECU has the same code so your paired NCDC and display could be moved to a different car without being recoded.

Omegas with NCDC are sometimes refered to as 'half CAN-BUS' because they represent a stepping stone to the full CAN-BUS cars.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Mr Hagon

• Intermediate Member
  • South West London
  • RWD and V6; the only way to travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 January 2010, 22:35:29 »

Yep, no code as with the other head units.  Having read a lot on here with the NCDC 2013/2015 it's coded to the display, hence all the references to 'de-pairing' them if you want to take them out and separate them.
Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.2 Estate (Mar '02) in Star Silver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.