Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Break pads (Warning)  (Read 568 times)

Tony

• UK Expat living in Germany
  • Mood Swings
    • View Profile
Break pads (Warning)
« on: 18 October 2008, 12:02:26 »

Hi all

Ok i had to get the car MOT'ed this week, a few things needed doing first so i took it along to my local mechanic.

The car needed 4 new break disks and pads aswell as the handbreak shoes and assembally, also some bushes at the front suspension needed replaceing (the car was knocking a fair bit just from normal driving) at first i thought that the exsorst was loose, so all this work plus the Mot cost me just under 500 quid (which i think is a fair price)
But since the work has been done, when starting the car i get the breakPads warning come up on the onboard display, this i can get rid of just by pressing the button on the stalk, but the CHECK warning stays on. Has he forgot to put the sensor cable back into the new pads or does the computer need to be told that it has new pads, there was no warning that the pads were gone before the work was carried out, shall i just pop back to him to sort it out, or is it easy enough for me to do?

Thanks

Tony
« Last Edit: 18 October 2008, 12:04:01 by Tony »

feeutfo

Re: Break pads (Warning)
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2008, 12:22:01 »

Hi all

Ok i had to get the car MOT'ed this week, a few things needed doing first so i took it along to my local mechanic.

The car needed 4 new break disks and pads aswell as the handbreak shoes and assembally, also some bushes at the front suspension needed replaceing (the car was knocking a fair bit just from normal driving) at first i thought that the exsorst was loose, so all this work plus the Mot cost me just under 500 quid (which i think is a fair price)
But since the work has been done, when starting the car i get the breakPads warning come up on the onboard display, this i can get rid of just by pressing the button on the stalk, but the CHECK warning stays on. Has he forgot to put the sensor cable back into the new pads or does the computer need to be told that it has new pads, there was no warning that the pads were gone before the work was carried out, shall i just pop back to him to sort it out, or is it easy enough for me to do?

Thanks

Tony
yes take it back, he may well have broken the sensors, they are very brittle, easily done. 18 sobs i think from vx.

hotrod222278

• southampton
  • Omega MV6 (now dented)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2008, 13:59:48 »

Or they fitted non-gen parts with no sensor wires attached.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2008, 14:24:39 »

The original OE pads DO NOT have wires attached either. They are a seperate item that clips to the anti-rattle clip.

hotrod222278

• southampton
  • Omega MV6 (now dented)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 October 2008, 15:14:27 »

The original OE pads DO NOT have wires attached either. They are a seperate item that clips to the anti-rattle clip.

Oh, when I replaced mine the pad and wire was all attached together and it did say vauxhall on the pad, :-/ :-/

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 October 2008, 15:23:37 »

Oh, when I replaced mine the pad and wire was all attached together and it did say vauxhall on the pad, :-/ :-/

It wasn't OE then.  :-?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.