Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: vauxhall insignia  (Read 4072 times)

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
vauxhall insignia
« on: 16 May 2013, 21:27:59 »

well got a vauxhall insignia tourer se auto 160 diesel with sat nav turning up tomorrow on a 3 day company car test drive from my mates at vauxhall

just got to find some plces to go now :)

taking wifey to ikea lakeside monday, thats gonna cost :'( :'(

trying my luck for a 7 series as well :o ;) no contest really if i had to choose except for where the wallet is concerned

never driven an insignia always liked the look so lets hope its not dissapointing :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: vauxhall insignia
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2013, 21:38:25 »

AA is very happy with his  :y

I find the seats very hard, but I've never driven on. Many have said although firm they are supportive for long blasts, still no Omega arm chair though!

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2013, 22:11:53 »

I like Insignia's, however I do prefer the Mondeo.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2013, 22:28:10 »

just been planting the seed with bmw  ;D ;D ;D :y

thats how it happened before was looking at website configuring a 7 no way at the time could i get one those days were sadly over, thought what the heck get a brochure and test drive thing popped up, filled out some details and nearly messed my pants when i got a call asking what model i wanted for 3 days :o :o like the mug i am said 730d sport  :D could have had the 750 mind you would have cost a fourtune in fuel  ;D The 730d was excellent onl;y thing i have never liked was no gear stick which happy to see its back now ( nothing like holding a knob when your driving)Neighbours thought i had lost the plot sitting outside in the evening watching the telly in it ;D ;D being chilled by the a/c with a glass of rum and coke

all free they delivered it with full tank no need to refill it sir :o and collected it :y even got a decal model of a 7 in the post.

found out they were doing the same thing on a 6 series so was straight on the web site and phone but no luck had my chance could not drive both :'( :'( :'(

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2013, 22:32:46 »

wifeys had a go in an insignia she and some work colegues when she worked for Argos had to go on a course for a few days so rather than pay hotels etc they hired her a car as she can only drive an auto, this insignia tourer elite turned up , i could not drive it though was not insured :'(

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2013, 23:27:51 »

just been planting the seed with bmw  ;D ;D ;D :y

thats how it happened before was looking at website configuring a 7 no way at the time could i get one those days were sadly over, thought what the heck get a brochure and test drive thing popped up, filled out some details and nearly messed my pants when i got a call asking what model i wanted for 3 days :o :o like the mug i am said 730d sport  :D could have had the 750 mind you would have cost a fourtune in fuel  ;D The 730d was excellent onl;y thing i have never liked was no gear stick which happy to see its back now ( nothing like holding a knob when your driving)Neighbours thought i had lost the plot sitting outside in the evening watching the telly in it ;D ;D being chilled by the a/c with a glass of rum and coke

all free they delivered it with full tank no need to refill it sir :o and collected it :y even got a decal model of a 7 in the post.

found out they were doing the same thing on a 6 series so was straight on the web site and phone but no luck had my chance could not drive both :'( :'( :'(

I've never had a test drive last longer than an hour  ;D.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2013, 23:42:03 »

bmw used to let you take the car out for an hour on your own provided you paid a damage wavier of around £20, well they used to let me ;D ;D

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2013, 00:22:03 »

My wife has the elite tourer diesel auto 2012 and likes it - it is solid and well equipped but bit boring
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 May 2013, 09:05:41 »

When I bought the bike, they had a demonstrator for rides. They just gave me the keys and said bring it back with a full tank by the end of the day  :o

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2013, 09:36:05 »

had a couple of new discoverys, they used to take you out on an off road course ( not in the discovery but an adapted defender) was bloody awsume amazing what they made this thing do the last time we went out with them it was a courtersy thing  i would be turning up with more and more kids with me ;D ;D and to think i nearly brought a Galaxy becuase i needed 6 seats, no comparison.

saleman in canterbury was excellent bloke forget his name now left to fly helicopters

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 May 2013, 20:32:27 »

well got the insignia looks quite impressive, like the layout of the dash etc although i have to have my glasses on to read all the gismos. Find the seats quite hard, speacialy compared to the omega and this is the SE model not SRI.

Doggy does not like it suprised at how small the boot is for an estate, gearbox is not really that smooth as it clunks between reverse and drive

if i was really honest the miggy drives better, certainley more comfortable

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 May 2013, 20:35:10 »

well got the insignia looks quite impressive, like the layout of the dash etc although i have to have my glasses on to read all the gismos. Find the seats quite hard, speacialy compared to the omega and this is the SE model not SRI.

Doggy does not like it suprised at how small the boot is for an estate, gearbox is not really that smooth as it clunks between reverse and drive

Thought exactly same, crap boot considering its an Estate, zero room for our dogs  :(

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 May 2013, 20:36:59 »

miggy is rear wheel drive -well all real cars are anyway :y reckon you should have got miggy estate-you cannot beat them IMHO  :y :y :y :y
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 May 2013, 22:10:27 »

its on an extended test drive symes.

Just been out to get a chinese its like an aircraft cockpit with all the lights on  ;D, certainley got plenty of kit in it but i prefer the vectra c estate i used to have was the 1.9 150 auto very nice drive and also huge boot, if i could have the front of the insignia and the rear of the vectra :y ;D ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 May 2013, 22:19:39 »

What did the Chinese think of it?  ???
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.