Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54   Go Down

Author Topic: US Election  (Read 70410 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: US Election
« Reply #735 on: 10 December 2020, 00:19:56 »

To their credit, they did add the SCOTUS link to the article to prove that it wasn't 'fake' news ;)

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/07/texas-sues-georgia-michigan-pennsylvania-and-wisconsin-at-supreme-court-election-rules/ fwiw ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

B52

• Intermediate Member
  • Glasgow
  • 02 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 10 December 2020, 00:32:33 »

Fair enough, but I think this is the brief that isn't signed by the Texas solicitor general.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: 10 December 2020, 01:02:30 »

Fair enough, but I think this is the brief that isn't signed by the Texas solicitor general.
This one definitely is https://www.supremecourt.gov/search.aspx?filename=/docket/docketfiles/html/public/22o155.html ;)

And has been updated to include a 17 State addition supporting Texas, along with two individual additions and another from Arizona...
« Last Edit: 10 December 2020, 01:13:56 by Doctor Gollum »

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: 10 December 2020, 07:14:39 »

It's a bit late, but

US election: YouTube to ban videos alleging widespread voter fraud https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55255121
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: 10 December 2020, 08:49:23 »

There's a bit more to it than that... YouTube are starting to play the same game as Twitter and Facebook whereby they are looking to dictate content... Which effectively turns them from platforms to publishers.

Mainstream media are complaining about dropping ad revenues from YouTube because small, independent, media groups are kicking their butts... Rightside Broadcasting Network has more views, and possibly subscribers than CNN, and even Fox, yet were practically unheard of six weeks ago.

If Trump remains in office, the 230 protections that social media hides behind will be gone. And rightly so.

B52

• Intermediate Member
  • Glasgow
  • 02 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: 10 December 2020, 10:22:19 »

I'm only seeing Ken Paxton's name, not Kyle Hawkins.

A filing at the high court like Paxton’s would usually be made by the solicitor general of Texas, Kyle Hawkins, the state’s top appellate lawyer, and not the state’s attorney general, but Hawkins did not sign on.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-lawsuit-texas/analysis-texas-tries-to-overturn-the-u-s-election-result-can-it-succeed-idUSKBN28J2R0

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: 10 December 2020, 10:27:38 »

There's a bit more to it than that... YouTube are starting to play the same game as Twitter and Facebook whereby they are looking to dictate content... Which effectively turns them from platforms to publishers.

Mainstream media are complaining about dropping ad revenues from YouTube because small, independent, media groups are kicking their butts... Rightside Broadcasting Network has more views, and possibly subscribers than CNN, and even Fox, yet were practically unheard of six weeks ago.

If Trump remains in office, the 230 protections that social media hides behind will be gone. And rightly so.
There you go again  ;D ;D ;D
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: 10 December 2020, 10:30:54 »

Ken Paxton is his boss, so given the gravity of filing, it sounds like the media trying to make a huge deal out of an irrelevance  :-\

After all, CNN must be getting desperate for things to report to not have to report anything about Hunter Biden and China ;D

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 12 December 2020, 00:27:05 »

and defeated in inglorious terms ...

"Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections. All other pending motions are dismissed as moot," the court said in an unsigned order.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55283024

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/supreme-court-rejects-texas-election-lawsuit/

perhaps he'll eventually realise that his time has passed .... and he is now irrelevant....
« Last Edit: 12 December 2020, 00:32:25 by Entwood »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: 12 December 2020, 02:59:24 »

Statement of Justice Alito, with whom Justice Thomas joins: In my view, we do not have discretion to deny the filing of a bill of complaint in a case that falls within our original jurisdiction. See Arizona v. California, 589 U. S. ___ (Feb. 24, 2020) (Thomas, J., dissenting). I would therefore grant the motion to file the bill of complaint but would not grant other relief, and I express no view on any other issue.

That reads that they will allow the filing, if only because they have to, but won't expedite it and won't entertain any of the Amicae filings...

Not the same thing as tossing it, but rather that they don't want to deal with it even though it is within their remit.

The Electoral college votes on Monday, and they present to the House/Senate on January 6th at which point I expect that objections will be raised causing it to fall to a House vote to declare the election.

And that's assuming that Biden isn't charged with anything in the meantime... He isn't President Elect until January 6th at the earliest and is therefore not afforded the protections of the position...

As for the constitutional question remaining unresolved, where that may lead is anyones guess :-\

B52

• Intermediate Member
  • Glasgow
  • 02 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 12 December 2020, 03:11:08 »

I'm seeing four main themes:

- SCOTUS not playing
- DoJ/US Attorney General not playing
- A lawyers' feeding frenzy being paid for by other peoples money
- The same outcome

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: 12 December 2020, 03:44:16 »

125 or so Republican US House members filed in support of Texas, so I don't think that there will be a shortage of Senators (they only need one) to support any objections on January 6th, forcing a House Presidential Vote.

The Supreme Court may yet rule on electoral reform once this election has run its course, as the State Senates hold their own investigations they are uncovering all sorts of evidence of potential opportunities for fraud, mostly corroberating the allegations already put forward, so clearly something is broken in the system.  :-\
« Last Edit: 12 December 2020, 03:50:29 by Doctor Gollum »

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: 12 December 2020, 06:40:54 »

Civil war, anyone?

The chairman of the Republican Party in Texas, Allen West, said the court's decision would have "far-reaching ramifications for the future of our constitutional republic".

Perhaps law-abiding states should bond together and form a Union of states that will abide by the constitution," he said in a statement.
Diesel till I die

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: 12 December 2020, 10:00:04 »

Has anyone else noticed that Trump doesn’t look well?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: 12 December 2020, 10:40:15 »

Civil war, anyone?

The chairman of the Republican Party in Texas, Allen West, said the court's decision would have "far-reaching ramifications for the future of our constitutional republic".

Perhaps law-abiding states should bond together and form a Union of states that will abide by the constitution," he said in a statement.
I believe  'crank' was the word you used...  :-X

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.