Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Running fine on LPG but now a pig on petrol...  (Read 381 times)

Kev_B

• Leigh, Lancs
    • View Profile
Running fine on LPG but now a pig on petrol...
« on: 02 May 2010, 21:32:24 »

Just cured the problem of a misfire on lpg but was fine on petrol
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1272503468
So went for a drive today to see how it went... All was fine on both gas and petrol until I took it on the motorway and noticed the consumption on the computer was showing around 48mpg @ 70mph (flat road, steady throttle) at a place where it usually showed 35mph. This got me curious so I slowed a little and switched it over to petrol and it ran awful, no power and extremely reluctant to go over 3000rpm, switched back to gas and it went fine, albeit with the unusually high mpg reading.
I got to my destination and the engine was stopped for around 30 mins, when I tried to restart (on petrol obviously) it turned over for a long time before it fired and still ran badly. Performance picked up again when switched to gas. Now though for some reason the car is a quite lot more responsive on gas than it had been before (on both gas and petrol) and the mpg on gas is still worryingly high... ie high 60's at 40 mph (again steady throttle and flat road). I say worryingly because it hints to me at running too lean although the temp gauge is at just over 80 at normal running, creeping up to 90 when at lights etc.

Couple of questions.... Can it run lean on lpg without showing any signs of running badly? Can the ecu have configured itself to run on the lpg and this is why it's now running so badly on petrol?
HELP... Please...   :)
Oh yes... don't know if the eml has come on because the bulb now seems to have blown...  ::) Will change it tomorrow....
Cheers,
   Kev
« Last Edit: 02 May 2010, 21:33:23 by Kev_B »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Running fine on LPG but now a pig on petrol...
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2010, 00:47:30 »

Just cured the problem of a misfire on lpg but was fine on petrol
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1272503468
So went for a drive today to see how it went... All was fine on both gas and petrol until I took it on the motorway and noticed the consumption on the computer was showing around 48mpg @ 70mph (flat road, steady throttle) at a place where it usually showed 35mph. This got me curious so I slowed a little and switched it over to petrol and it ran awful, no power and extremely reluctant to go over 3000rpm, switched back to gas and it went fine, albeit with the unusually high mpg reading.
I got to my destination and the engine was stopped for around 30 mins, when I tried to restart (on petrol obviously) it turned over for a long time before it fired and still ran badly. Performance picked up again when switched to gas. Now though for some reason the car is a quite lot more responsive on gas than it had been before (on both gas and petrol) and the mpg on gas is still worryingly high... ie high 60's at 40 mph (again steady throttle and flat road). I say worryingly because it hints to me at running too lean although the temp gauge is at just over 80 at normal running, creeping up to 90 when at lights etc.

Couple of questions.... Can it run lean on lpg without showing any signs of running badly? Can the ecu have configured itself to run on the lpg and this is why it's now running so badly on petrol?
HELP... Please...   :)
Oh yes... don't know if the eml has come on because the bulb now seems to have blown...  ::) Will change it tomorrow....
Cheers,
   Kev

My money is that it will be on ::)

I'm knackered after a full day visiting people so I'll try and catch up tomorrow
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.