Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: women (in general) & cars  (Read 3679 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
women (in general) & cars
« on: 14 January 2013, 18:27:21 »

No 1 daughter has just told me that the rear screen wash just hits the floor directly without touching the screen! She's only had the car about 7 months & has just got around to telling me!  ??? ???  ??? 

It took less than 30 secs to adjust the ball type jet! But testing the washers meant that it emptied the bottle ....... Dad to the rescue again!  ;D ;D ;D

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: women (in general) & cars
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2013, 18:37:21 »

Similar here Andy. A few weeks ago my daughter told me that her windscreen washers had packed up. Embarrassed look on her face when I asked if it had simply run out of screen wash.  ::) ::) ;D ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2013, 18:40:58 »

Similar here Andy. A few weeks ago my daughter told me that her windscreen washers had packed up. Embarrassed look on her face when I asked if it had simply run out of screen wash.  ::) ::) ;D ;D
Screen wash needs filling? :o ;D
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2013, 18:44:34 »

Screen wash needs filling? :o ;D

Yep, it shocked her as well.  ;D ;D

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #4 on: 14 January 2013, 18:53:48 »

Always explain, and train your daughters how to undertake basic car maintenance from the earliest of ages so they do not get ripped off by anyone, and also of course do not pass jobs onto you.  Apart from that early training, send them to night school for car maintenance so they are encouraged to tackle bigger jobs and know what to do, whilst recognising woman can undertake such work as much as men! :y :y

If you don't then the ladies around you will rely on you. So many men want to be in the position of being "the man" and a jack of all trades, whilst thinking  ;) the "little" women in doors is not capable of such work!  Rubbish!  But that is what so many men do, and you wonder why women let you get on with it!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 January 2013, 18:56:04 »

Always explain, and train your daughters how to undertake basic car maintenance from the earliest of ages so they do not get ripped off by anyone, and also of course do not pass jobs onto you.  Apart from that early training, send them to night school for car maintenance so they are encouraged to tackle bigger jobs and know what to do, whilst recognising woman can undertake such work as much as men! :y :y

If you don't then the ladies around you will rely on you. So many men want to be in the position of being "the man" and a jack of all trades, whilst thinking  ;) the "little" women in doors is not capable of such work!  Rubbish!  But that is what so many men do, and you wonder why women let you get on with it!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Oh dear Lizzie, there are Pink Jobs and Blue Jobs in this world :P
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 January 2013, 18:59:52 »

;D ;D ;D ::)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 January 2013, 19:00:40 »

You fell at the first hurdle Lizzie.  ;) ;) ;D ;D

It's the eyes glazing over syndrome.  ;D ;D :y

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 January 2013, 19:06:00 »

girl at work came to me and asked if i'd look at her mini cooper. she said theres plenty of wash fluid in the bottle and when you press the button the motor sounds but no water comes out.

a quick look at her engine....the bottle was full alright.... but the bottle to the screen was for the headlights  ::) washer bottle for the screen was bone dry  ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #9 on: 14 January 2013, 19:20:04 »

:o :o :o :o Oh dear TB, I can see I will have to train you some more! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

omega3000

« Reply #10 on: 14 January 2013, 19:44:01 »

One thing i told my daughter was never go to vauxhall for repairs , now she always comes to me with every quote from a garage to see if she's being ripped off  ;D :y

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #11 on: 14 January 2013, 20:34:19 »

Both swmbo and eldest daughter (others dont have cars - yet  :( ) have been shown by me many many times how to do all the basics, tyres, oil, coolant and washer. They still come and ask me to do it as it is "mans work" - VERY frustrating, especially tyres. Put money in machine, set to 30, put on to tyre valve, beep beep, done grrrrrrrrrr   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

There is I believe a defo pink/blue deviding line 95% of the time. She drives / he maintains and takes to be fixed or fixes  :'( :'( :'(
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch

Guinney1971

• Intermediate Member
  • Nottinghamshire
    • Renault Grand Scenic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 January 2013, 21:05:19 »

well said!!  My dad brought me up to work on my own cars (my first was a 1978 Mini that needed summat doing every weekend), and he'd have me doing jobs like stripping and rebuilding the carburettor, tackling the brakes, routine servicing, bodywork, etc.

Ok, so modern cars are a little bit more involved, and since having a nasty car accident a few years ago my arms and shoulders are weak so I'm not up to swinging on breaker bars and sockets like I used to be, but when I first had my DeLorean resto project 10yrs ago, I thought nothing of getting stuck into the engine rebuild, as well as lots of other jobs, and thoroughly enjoyed myself :)
Claire & Phill
Renault Grand Scenic 'Maxim' 1.9dCi 120

feeutfo

« Reply #13 on: 14 January 2013, 21:19:07 »

Nobody bought me up to work on anything  :'(

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 January 2013, 21:43:40 »

My Granddaughter helped me build my chev v8 and she is nearly 8 years old :y :y :y
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.