Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Throttle Position Sensor Query  (Read 822 times)

Palmo

• View Profile
Throttle Position Sensor Query
« on: 27 January 2007, 14:19:21 »

Just a quick query - maybe someone will know the answer. I am having problems with a lumpy idle while slowly coasting along in my Omega (2.5TD) but NOT when stationary.

Anyway today I have gained access to a 'Snap-on Diagnostics Scanner - MT2500'. Firstly, no fault codes are logged and I can't see anything that jumps out as being obviously wrong except for one possible thing. The Throttle Position Sensor is measured in both a % and voltage. At idle this is reading as 13% and only goes up to a maximum of 87% with the accelerator pressed to the floor. Surely these figures should be 0% at idle (i.e. no throttle applied) and 100% with accelerator pedal pressed to the floor?

Does this indicate a faulty Throttle Position Sensor? Is this contained within the accelerator potentiometer fitted above the pedal?

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
Re: Throttle Position Sensor Query
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2007, 19:45:14 »

pm you buddy, but gist of it is the tps is set wrong!! basically the throttle position sensor needs zerooing, as you have a full 100percent there 13 and 87 makes 100 so it just needs realigning!!

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Throttle Position Sensor Query
« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2007, 20:47:58 »

Can this be zero'd with a multimeter easily, i.e. slacken / retighten in correct location?  

DC :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
Do it right, do it once................
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.