Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TD nip up  (Read 692 times)

Mole

• Midlothian, Scotland
    • View Profile
TD nip up
« on: 14 February 2007, 23:03:47 »

my mate has a 2.5 td auto omega on a p plate and it's done about 120,000 miles.
whilst driving it the other day he said it felt like it was losing power so he gave it a bit more throttle and the oil light flickered. he let off the throttle and put it into neutral coasting along. the engine died almost instantly but not as instantly as the oil light came on. the temp gauge read normal and there was no loss of coolant. when he tried to start it again the starter just clicked. upon letting the car cool down and the AA arriving the starter would only turn over the engine slowly. we've since removed the rocker cover  and found no signs of damage. there was still plenty of oil in it although the filter looked fairly gummed up. the oil and filter had been changed 2000miles prior to this. does anyone know if the oil pumps are prone to failure in the bmw engines or are they bad for blocking oil ways?

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: TD nip up
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2007, 08:38:49 »

Oil pump filure is not common on these (is it on any car these days!)......they are known for a bit of big end wear (difficult to hear on a diesel) so it might be a shell has let go, in most cases I have seen on this hugely over rated power plant where this has happened, it throws a rod....which is a bit more obvious!

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
Re: TD nip up
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2007, 09:12:34 »

I had lots of trouble with my Meega Everyone kept telling me the Oil Pumps are Bomb Proof which I know they are but i guess from time time to time they go as my 2litre only had 70,000 on the clock and i changed mine and everything was ok after that all my oil pressure returned and the worse thing is we could not see or find anything wrong with the old one.

Craig
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.