Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: climate compressor  (Read 692 times)

vrba

• Croatia
    • View Profile
climate compressor
« on: 20 June 2008, 09:50:01 »

hi
how can i know if my compressor is working?
does the front side of the ring, in front of the belt start spinning when the AC is on, cause when i look at it with or without the AC on the compressor turning looks the same.
Can the compressor stop working if there is not enough gas in the system cause i find some green stuff on the compressor when i was looking it from the bottom, the same stuff that is coming out of the valve where the climate is filling.

thx

vrba

• Croatia
    • View Profile
Re: climate compressor
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2008, 11:17:18 »

anybody :(

alank46

• Intermediate Member
  • South Devon
    • 3L Elite Estate 1996
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2008, 11:23:42 »

hi

Can the compressor stop working if there is not enough gas in the system cause i find some green stuff on the compressor when i was looking it from the bottom, the same stuff that is coming out of the valve where the climate is filling.

thx

Yes.  Take the car to Kwik Fit for an A/C recharge, its about £49.
Alan
Elite now gone.  Bought an X-Type 4x4.  If there had been an Omega 4x4 I would have bought that instead.  We really liked the Omega, but I wanted 4x4.

psychnurse

• Omega Baron
  • Leominster, Herefordshire
  • Whats in the fridge today? Beer and Sausages....UM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 June 2008, 11:26:20 »

Sorry mate I cant help you.  :'( But, give it a while and I am sure somebody will be able to give you the info you need  :y

Have you tried the search facility? I have seen some quite comprehensive threads re air cond. I will see if I can find you anything

vrba

• Croatia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2008, 11:31:48 »

hi

thx

Yes.  Take the car to Kwik Fit for an A/C recharge, its about £49.
Alan

i'm from croatia :)

psychnurse

• Omega Baron
  • Leominster, Herefordshire
  • Whats in the fridge today? Beer and Sausages....UM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2008, 11:33:51 »

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 June 2008, 11:51:24 »

hi
does the front side of the ring, in front of the belt start spinning when the AC is on, cause when i look at it with or without the AC on the compressor turning looks the same.

thx

If your air con is switched on and you Do have gas in the air con the revs should rise to around 600 rpm.. If when ticking over your revs dont move from the normal 500rpm it will probably need re-gassing..
The Aux belt goes around the Air Con Compresser Pulley so really it can not stop, but there is a clutch. When your air con is gassed up the front bit like you already have seen should spin the same speed as the pulley. When needing re-gassing it turns very slowly like yours sounds to be doing.
I had my car checked for leaks and re gassed a couple of weeks back, he came to the house to do it and charged £60.
Hope this helps ya mate. :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 June 2008, 12:03:33 »

hi

thx

If your air con is switched on and you Do have gas in the air con the revs should rise to around 600 rpm.. If when ticking over your revs dont move from the normal 500rpm it will probably need re-gassing..
The Aux belt goes around the Air Con Compresser Pulley so really it can not stop, but there is a clutch. When your air con is gassed up the front bit like you already have seen should spin the same speed as the pulley. When needing re-gassing it turns very slowly like yours sounds to be doing.
I had my car checked for leaks and re gassed a couple of weeks back, he came to the house to do it and charged £60.

Bet he'll charge a tad more to drive to Croatia ....   :)   ;D ;D ;D

Otherwise a nice write up  :y :y :y :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 June 2008, 12:08:43 »

hi

thx

Bet he'll charge a tad more to drive to Croatia ....   :)   ;D ;D ;D

Otherwise a nice write up  :y :y :y :y

Lmao never noticed that he lived in Croatia.... but just giving an idea of what I paid (but you already know that ;))

And as for the nice right up, makes me wonder why I get to become a Newbie more often than anyone else ;D

Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

vrba

• Croatia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 June 2008, 12:09:04 »

cool,
thx for the info.
cause my front end is not turning at all i need to recharge it an to see where is the leak

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 June 2008, 12:12:09 »

cool,
thx for the info.
cause my front end is not turning at all i need to recharge it an to see where is the leak

I had a leak but mine was a bit of dirt in the front valve. There are two valves (mine is a V6) one near to the front of the engine bay the other towards the back, so i was happy when I didn't need to buy any parts :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 June 2008, 14:32:08 »

Both the valves should have black caps on them as the schrader valves are not the primary seal!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.