Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: V6 engine conversion  (Read 3535 times)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: V6 engine conversion
« Reply #15 on: 04 February 2009, 10:05:26 »

Well I've just been chatting to a mate who is scrapping a Frontera 3.2 limited. Will the 3.2 V6 also fit an R28?

Looking at the spec it's 205bhp and 214lbs/ft

Cheers
Nath
I thought the Frontera 3.2 is different from the Omega 3.2.
Retired

Burtle

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 February 2009, 12:48:43 »

I thought the Frontera 3.2 is different from the Omega 3.2.

It may well be, I have no idea what fits what at the moment. Learning fast though.

Burtle

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 February 2009, 12:52:50 »

Why don't you try putting a Rover V8 lump with 5 speed box in it as will probably be lighter than both Ford and VXs V6 lumps and has more scope for power improvements :).

Cue Mark!

Actually the Rover V8 is getting a little more difficult to find now.

I've got 4 Rover 3.5L V8's sat in my garage at the moment. I also run one in my Landy. Thing is the standard engine in the Scimitar is a V6 and sits behind the front axle and steering rack. V8's are a little longer and so the steering has to be messed with. I'd rather stick with a V6. Also the Omega 3L V6 puts out more power than a standard 3.5L V8.

Nath

Burtle

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 February 2009, 22:27:08 »

Well I'm off to have another look at the Frontera on Saturday. Is the Frontera 3.2 V6 the same as an Omega 3L 24V V6. More to the point will it fit an R28 box?

Cheers
Nath

Pete Elite

• Omega Knight
  • Uxbridge, Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 February 2009, 23:05:39 »

Why don't you try putting a Rover V8 lump with 5 speed box in it as will probably be lighter than both Ford and VXs V6 lumps and has more scope for power improvements :).

Cue Mark!

You know why now Martin! he's got em all stuck in his garage ;D.

Burtle

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 February 2009, 07:07:42 »

Cue Mark!

Haha, it's not that bad.  ::)  The engines are fairly easy to get hold of, but for 2wd applications the LT77 gearbox is the hard one to get.

Cheers

Martin_1962

« Reply #21 on: 05 February 2009, 09:03:54 »

Cue Mark!

Haha, it's not that bad.  ::)  The engines are fairly easy to get hold of, but for 2wd applications the LT77 gearbox is the hard one to get.

Cheers

Actually that makes sense

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 February 2009, 10:48:22 »

A Rover V8 will need a cam, porting and a decent carb / EFI setup to get close to a standard 3.0 V6 and any one you're likely to find will be well worn and need a rebuild whereas there are plenty of GM V6s around with loads of life left in them that you could just drop in.

Given that you'll have your work cut out anyway to meet that deadline I'd stick to the original plan.  :y

Sounds like a fun project though.  ;D

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Burtle

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 February 2009, 12:18:45 »

A Rover V8 will need a cam, porting and a decent carb / EFI setup to get close to a standard 3.0 V6 and any one you're likely to find will be well worn and need a rebuild whereas there are plenty of GM V6s around with loads of life left in them that you could just drop in.

Given that you'll have your work cut out anyway to meet that deadline I'd stick to the original plan.  :y

Kevin

This exactly why I'm sticking to my plan of fitting a GM V6. It's the cheapest way of getting 200+bhp, and should fit quite easily in the Scimitar as it already has a V6.

Nath

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 February 2009, 16:38:16 »

Kevin

This exactly why I'm sticking to my plan of fitting a GM V6. It's the cheapest way of getting 200+bhp, and should fit quite easily in the Scimitar as it already has a V6.

Nath

Would it be a lot more work to put a couple of superchargers on it while your in there!!!!!  or a cheap nitrous kit!!!!!  That would be the meanest badass scimitar ever created ;D
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.