Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mexican car part 2  (Read 3041 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Mexican car part 2
« Reply #15 on: 12 June 2023, 11:08:26 »

They are a great drivers car, no looker (but then BMW have really lost their way on this in the last 10+years) and I bloody hate the way car manufacturers are stacking displays like monitors on a work bench in the interior (But I guess even we will go that way potentially at some point).

Hopefully a good realiable fun car !

The straight six BMW was always the best they did  :y

That was pretty much my thoughts when I looked at the interior pic, but I guess when your sat in the drivers seat you're looking at a nice big spread out display, rather than peering into a little binnacle.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 June 2023, 12:09:36 »

They are a great drivers car, no looker (but then BMW have really lost their way on this in the last 10+years) and I bloody hate the way car manufacturers are stacking displays like monitors on a work bench in the interior (But I guess even we will go that way potentially at some point).

That was pretty much my thoughts when I looked at the interior pic, but I guess when your sat in the drivers seat you're looking at a nice big spread out display, rather than peering into a little binnacle.  :-\

The 'curved screen technology' looks like it has just been plonked there without any thought about making it appear integrated. Not quite as bad when you are sitting behind it though.

I really don't like the display and all the wanky apps but as Mark says this is the direction we are heading. It comes from the milk float BMW's. :-\

The speedo and rev counter are difficult to read at a glance, and in comfort and eco mode are virtually unreadable.

It is good to drive though and surprisingly quick. :y

« Last Edit: 12 June 2023, 12:11:16 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 June 2023, 12:35:24 »

The 'curved screen technology' looks like it has just been plonked there without any thought about making it appear integrated. Not quite as bad when you are sitting behind it though.

I really don't like the display and all the wanky apps but as Mark says this is the direction we are heading. It comes from the milk float BMW's. :-\

The speedo and rev counter are difficult to read at a glance, and in comfort and eco mode are virtually unreadable.

Good. That's what you waited all this time for while the Mexicans were slumbering under their sombraros!  :y

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 June 2023, 12:53:30 »

Good. That's what you waited all this time for while the Mexicans were slumbering under their sombraros!  :y

https://youtu.be/zOvyRjVQLjE
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 June 2023, 13:52:42 »

I found a 10KG bag of white powder in the boot which adds to the weight and slows the car down.

No idea what it was. :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 June 2023, 14:10:40 »

Daz? ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 June 2023, 14:39:35 »

Daz? ;)
He gets the blame for everything  ::)
Diesel till I die

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 June 2023, 14:55:35 »

Probably followed Tesla as some of thier cars and ideas became best sellers in the market.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 June 2023, 16:14:59 »

I found a 10KG bag of white powder in the boot which adds to the weight and slows the car down.

No idea what it was. :)

No cadaver?  ???  ::)                                                           ;D

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 June 2023, 20:50:37 »

Stunning looking car  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 June 2023, 21:47:38 »

Probably followed Tesla as some of thier cars and ideas became best sellers in the market.

I suspect it's just cheaper than having real dials and lights on the dash...
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 June 2023, 09:00:48 »

I suspect it's just cheaper than having real dials and lights on the dash...

Its not, the big issue is the ADAS systems are resulting in the need for a stack of legal and driver assist views which means you either need a huge quantity of telltails or use an LCD (or OLED for the future models).

What I don't like is the lack of attempt to even make it look like its part of the IP  :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 June 2023, 10:05:39 »

Cleaner installation presumably  :-\

Although that is subjective...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 July 2023, 16:49:38 »

Now did I see His lordship, trying to reverse the Burrito bus into a space in Huntingdon multi-strory today..
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.