Chat Area > General Discussion Area

3D Printer Chat

(1/25) > >>

aaronjb:
So .. I know eBoy owns one, anyone else?

I got a 3D printer for Xmas from Santa* and just started playing with it.. I have a lot of learning to do (the first test print looks a little 'stringy')!

*eBay. Ordered on Friday 20th, turned up on Monday 23rd, just to annoy the aforementioned eBoy! ;D Although that was because the one I originally ordered from Amazon never arrived .. never trust Marketplace sellers, although I could have sworn it was a "Fulfilled by Amazon" order when I ordered it, it never made it to the courier from the seller. Refund was issued 3 days after it was due to arrive, though, and the one on eBay was £100 cheaper in the end ;D

It's this one, for anyone interested: https://all3dp.com/1/anycubic-chiron-3d-printer-review/

STEMO:
Can you really get a decent one for under £500? I'm not convinced. 😏

TheBoy:

--- Quote from: STEMO on 27 December 2019, 15:55:57 ---Can you really get a decent one for under £500? I'm not convinced. 😏

--- End quote ---
No.

STEMO:

--- Quote from: Eboy.com on 27 December 2019, 16:01:29 ---
--- Quote from: STEMO on 27 December 2019, 15:55:57 ---Can you really get a decent one for under £500? I'm not convinced. 😏

--- End quote ---
No.

--- End quote ---
I see.....but you could just be saying that cause you wanna be the only 3D printer in town 😄

TheBoy:
It will take a while to get to "know" your printer and material, and how to configure the slicer for them.

Start out with bog standard PLA, as that's the easiest to print.  And start out with simple prints that will always adhere well, and can highlight potential issues with the printer.  So, for example, a simple 5cm cube, then move onto Benchy etc.

If yours has auto bed levelling, that is not an excuse NOT to level the bed properly.  All auto bed levelling does is a (poor) software attempt to fix a hardware issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version