Chat Area > Omega Gallery

Chevrolet Omega 2.0

<< < (3/3)

luizvivas:

--- Quote from: Mateus520 on 02 October 2021, 20:56:31 ---So here are some updates on the project:

I swapped the wheels for 17 ones:

The documents finally got ready on August, the same month that my radiador blew up. So I parked the car in my garage and started to disassemble the engine.

So here is what I have planned for now:
I took the head off to replace the original head gasket made of fiber to a made of metal, so it will handle better boost. I will also replace the original head screws for a set of forged studs.
Since I already took the head off, it is a lot easier to take the hole engine out without the head, so I will do it to disassemble the oil sump to see the general condition of the bearings and may replace them. I am looking for a set of ARP 209-6003 (it is beeing a little hard, I will probably have to import) to replace the original rod bolts and i will replace the crankshaft cap bolts for stock new ones as well.

The engine itself didn't have any problem and wasn't smoking or consuming too much oil, so no need to rebuild it. It looks like that it have already been rebuilt and instaled new liners. I don't know if installing new liners is something good or bad because I guess it's not suposed to have, but looks good at least. The pistons are stock size ones.

After getting it running again I will focus on make it looks a little bit better, and then install a Megasquirt MS2 and turbocharge it.

--- End quote ---

Mateus, my C30NE was reconditioned in 2009 and has covered 40,000 km. When we prepared the engine, I didn't worry about the wear of the parts, because I change the oil every 6 months, regardless of the mileage. However, I will soon be forced to replace the original head gasket with a steel one. There is a small water leak from the head gasket, which is wetting spark plug number 4. Recently it burned and we noticed it was damp and rusty. The engine is running normally, but I won't wait for the leak to increase. At the end of the year I have it fixed. I know Lavras and Perdões, very good lands! We resume the Omega Club meetings here. I hope that one day you can participate with your 2.0T. Greetings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version