Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Help! Error code P1700

(1/20) > >>

Migalot:
As per subject line, I have a 2.6V^ auto with  error code 1700 which is a transmission fault, I think.

SWMBO used the car during the week for a longish, uneventful drive. When I went to move it yesterday, I got the dreaded engine warning light up. I turned everything off and a few goes later, the engine light went out and I re-parked the car. Today, I jumped in to go to the shops and was unable to get the light out and it appears to be in limp mode. Called the AA and the man got the 1700 code through the pedal test (his OBD reader wouldn't recognise the car!!).

The car has done 82k miles from new and had the transmission oil and filter changed aboout 15k miles ago.

Any ideas what the fault could be? Seems a bit terminal to me.  :'( :'( 

Doctor Gollum:
If it were a 2.2 I would instantly say Cam Sensor.

However, the V6 tends to accurately report the Cam Sensor.

Any recent work done?

Migalot:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 29 April 2022, 20:22:23 ---If it were a 2.2 I would instantly say Cam Sensor.

However, the V6 tends to accurately report the Cam Sensor.

Any recent work done?

--- End quote ---

No, none. I forgot to mention that it (the engine light) has happened once or twice during the last six months – on both occasions when driving off after starting.

Is there a gearbox sensor that could be faulty?

GastronomicKleptomaniac:
Anything going strange with the gearshift lights?

I don't know much about autos but could be something loose or broken underneath, connection wise...

Andy H:
If you have an Android phone I suggest that you pay £15 for a Bluetooth OBD adapter & download the Scanmyopel app (I think it was £7 for the full version when I downloaded it). Scanmyopel can read codes and live data from the engine, gearbox & ABS/TC ECUs.

The most common cause of gearbox codes are the selector switch or failed gear change solenoids.

Auto gearbox selector switch removal and cleaning

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version