Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Welding

(1/5) > >>

Webby the Bear:
Hi guys. Long time no speak. Not been about for a while. Been so busy with work.

Anyway omega needs some TLC. Rear outer sills rotted. And inner wheel arches. And panel that forms side of the inner boot… all roughly the same on both sides. Anyway my welding skills are to a point I can do this myself. But just gonna take me a while. Car’s been SORNd but I keep running it and making sure brakes don’t stick on etc.

The warmer weather is coming so starting to think about prepping.

My question is this… I want a real sturdy place to put stands. It’s gonna have to sit on them for a while. I remember when gixer did my rear springs ears ago he had them somewhere either side of the diff. Obviously want to keep sills free so I can easily move around them.

TIA guys

STEMO:
You have spring ears? Do you find it difficult to keep your head on the ground when laying sideways under a car? Or do you keep bouncing your bonce off the underside?  ;D

STEMO:
Ah, no, of course. Your upper ear spring would prevent you hitting the car, so you'd just oscillate for a while until you settled down.  ;D

YZ250:

--- Quote from: STEMO on 27 March 2023, 16:09:45 ---You have spring ears? Do you find it difficult to keep your head on the ground when laying sideways under a car? Or do you keep bouncing your bonce off the underside?  ;D

--- End quote ---

;D ;D

24 people had read that post and politely ignored the spelling error, myself included. If I had to wager who would home in on it I’d have been right on the money.  :y ;D
I’m imagining Webby’s head bouncing up and down now.  ;D

STEMO:
Give yer ead a wobble lad  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version