Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Caustic Soda

<< < (2/3) > >>

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
Does anyone remember Harpic toilet cleaner ?
It contains caustic soda. When I was about 6 years old I chugged down a whole bottle of the stuff, apparently because I thought it was similar to that sherbet stuff.
Anyway, up the hospital, tube down into stomach to pump it out. I didnt like that idea much so sunk my teeth into the tube.
Nurse slapped me hard round the chops, and when I opened my mouth to cry she shoved something in to stop me closing it again.  ;D
About 6 months later, I took a liking to Windolene and downed a bottle of that. so, up to the hospital etc. etc........... ;D

Andy B:

--- Quote from: YZ250 on 06 December 2023, 11:25:45 --- ....
Just don’t use it to dip Aluminium in, unless you want to dissolve the Aluminium.  ::)  ;D

--- End quote ---

When I worked at Hall's sweets I was after a big tub to soak something or other in caustic, we had a load of plastic tubs but I could only find an ally tub so used that.  ::) I filled the workshop with acrid fumes!  :-[

YZ250:

--- Quote from: Andy B on 06 December 2023, 13:47:37 ---
--- Quote from: YZ250 on 06 December 2023, 11:25:45 --- ....
Just don’t use it to dip Aluminium in, unless you want to dissolve the Aluminium.  ::)  ;D

--- End quote ---

When I worked at Hall's sweets I was after a big tub to soak something or other in caustic, we had a load of plastic tubs but I could only find an ally tub so used that.  ::) I filled the workshop with acrid fumes!  :-[

--- End quote ---

;D

One of the chaps I did my apprenticeship with came up to me one day and told me he'd put his exhaust in the caustic tank to clean it. I said "I thought you had ally tips on your pipes. He said "Oh shit" and ran to the caustic room. It was too late, the strong concentration caustic had eaten his exhaust tips.  ;D
The MOD place where I worked had a anodising tank which was great for making ally motorcycle parts look bling. I had coloured anodised foot pegs and levers years before trick bits came out.   ;D  :y

STEMO:

--- Quote from: Migv6 le Frog Fan on 06 December 2023, 13:30:32 ---Does anyone remember Harpic toilet cleaner ?
It contains caustic soda. When I was about 6 years old I chugged down a whole bottle of the stuff, apparently because I thought it was similar to that sherbet stuff.
Anyway, up the hospital, tube down into stomach to pump it out. I didnt like that idea much so sunk my teeth into the tube.
Nurse slapped me hard round the chops, and when I opened my mouth to cry she shoved something in to stop me closing it again.  ;D
About 6 months later, I took a liking to Windolene and downed a bottle of that. so, up to the hospital etc. etc........... ;D

--- End quote ---
I used to get called Harpic. Folk reckoned I was clean round the bend.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:

--- Quote from: Migv6 le Frog Fan on 06 December 2023, 13:30:32 ---Does anyone remember Harpic toilet cleaner ?

--- End quote ---

So you swallowed poison not once....but twice. ::) ::) ::) ::) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version