Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wipers stopped in a midway position after sweep ??  (Read 289 times)

tampon

• West London
    • View Profile
Wipers stopped in a midway position after sweep ??
« on: 06 February 2009, 15:44:48 »

I had a load of snow on the window on monday and scraped most of it off, turned on the wipers to get the rest, the wiper motor made a noise but didn't move much then sweeped the snow off.

Now the blades stop at a 40 degree angle ( a third of the way up on the sweep ) when it finishes it cycle. It will sweep the whole of the window but won;t stay down at the bottom.

I am guessing it has just pushed its sprocket/sleeve to a different finish position. any idea how to adjust it back please

Cheers

feeutfo

Re: Wipers stopped in a midway position after sweep ??
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2009, 16:26:07 »

sounds like the arm has moved on the motor, it s secured by a 13(?) mill nut and its come loose, remove scuttle so you can see the motor, undo the nut so its nice and loose, lever the arm off the splined motor shaft, you should now be able to reset the position of the wipers, re tighten the nut on the motor shaft, test, refit scuttle.

tampon

• West London
    • View Profile
Re: Wipers stopped in a midway position after sweep ??
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2009, 16:45:36 »

sounds like the arm has moved on the motor, it s secured by a 13(?) mill nut and its come loose, remove scuttle so you can see the motor, undo the nut so its nice and loose, lever the arm off the splined motor shaft, you should now be able to reset the position of the wipers, re tighten the nut on the motor shaft, test, refit scuttle.

Thank you very much, you have helped with other problems I have had.

Very much appreciated.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.