Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wiper help?  (Read 291 times)

DT i nvincible(ish)

• Northern Ireland
    • View Profile
wiper help?
« on: 06 April 2009, 17:29:38 »

My 2002 DTi 2.2 has wiper problems.
Wipers wipe too far up screen and too far down (clipping wing and doing a good job of removing and rubbing down the paintwork!).

They also continue to wipe when switched off for about 20 further wipes! Nice on a dry screen! Intermittent has a mind of its own also.

I have changed the switch on steering column but to no avail.

Its a bit of a long story as to how this problem started but to cut a long story short, wipers were switched on when frozen to the screen!
They did not move!

Do I need a new motor/linkage?
What about the relay?
If so, is there a specific motor/linkage that suits the 2002 DTi 2.2?

Help appreciated.

feeutfo

Re: wiper help?
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2009, 19:01:37 »

if you remove the scuttle, water deflector black plastic bit between the windscreen and bonnet, you will get a better look at the mechanism.

There was another thread a while back when the guy said the arm to motor had bent, giving too much travel at both does of the stroke iirc. Sounds like your motor has stressed the arm and bent it. Or something like.

If the too much travel both ends i would say bent arm to motor. If too much travel one end and not enough the other then reset the the wiper arms to correct position when the motor has "parked". You may need second option when the first one is sorted.... May...see how you go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.