Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157140 times)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #705 on: 21 June 2012, 19:01:07 »

Enough is enough.

Chris. Rob. Leave it alone between you please.

As an old grandpa told me some years ago now....

I'm not fussy who started it but if you don't cut it out, I'll stop it.

And it won't be tidy.......

Thanks for you understoodment.  :)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 21 June 2012, 19:25:53 »

Commonly known as forum banter B unless you can highlight any malicious, abusive or otherwise comments ??? I don`t see any posts from Chris or myself that warrants admin moderation/deletion :-\
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 21 June 2012, 19:27:55 »

open that can of whoopass broocie yeehaa  ;D

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 21 June 2012, 19:32:52 »

Commonly known as forum banter B unless you can highlight any malicious, abusive or otherwise comments ??? I don`t see any posts from Chris or myself that warrants admin moderation/deletion :-\

Nothing moderated or deleted by me, as you can well see.   :)

I feel that the wavy line between banter and digs/abuse/otherwise comments is looming large on the horizon between the pair of you however.

Banter I am more than happy with, just don't cross the line.   ;)   

I'll put the yellow card back in my pocket then!   ;D  ;D

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 21 June 2012, 19:35:02 »

Nothing moderated or deleted by me, as you can well see.   :)

I feel that the wavy line between banter and digs/abuse/otherwise comments is looming large on the horizon between the pair of you however.

Banter I am more than happy with, just don't cross the line.   ;)   

I'll put the yellow card back in my pocket then!   ;D  ;D
I can assure you B, no abuse etc will emanate from my keyboard
Agreed.
 ;D :y
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
can there never be a exception to the rules
« Reply #710 on: 22 June 2012, 22:28:08 »

A new member came onto this forum looking for help
well his request for help was over shadowed by me and other members arguing about changing cambelt etc;

thats the way it is on here; if you argue against the proper time to change a part or use a pattern parts,you
will be challenged because past experiece from long time served members know different.

i dont think that should ever change. because with the vast experience on here,it makes OOF the omega bible..

but me and other members robbed him of his OP [sorry for that mate] go on admid/mod make an exception...

pin him at the top for 24 hours.

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=104397.0

« Last Edit: 22 June 2012, 22:30:37 by bigtimecube »

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
Re: can there never be a exception to the rules
« Reply #711 on: 22 June 2012, 23:40:00 »

well his request for help was over shadowed by me and other members arguing about changing cambelt etc;

thats the way it is on here; if you argue against the proper time to change a part or use a pattern parts,you
will be challenged because past experiece from long time served members know different.

i dont think that should ever change. because with the vast experience on here,it makes OOF the omega bible..

but me and other members robbed him of his OP [sorry for that mate] go on admid/mod make an exception...

Don't think you were to blame mate ;) - it was the persistent arguing/posting by a newbie who thought he knew it all  :(
Nice thought though re pinning for 24hrs :)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
Re: can there never be a exception to the rules
« Reply #712 on: 23 June 2012, 04:37:35 »

think he was going to get robbed of more than that  :o:D :D

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 24 June 2012, 08:30:59 »

Ugly as he is, I would hope Daz takes up his rightful position as a moderator again.

Then others can stop trying to clime into his still warm chair. ;D

There are a number of people who would disagree with that Chris. When I took the roll a number of members PM'd expressing their thoughts  :-X
I do know quite a few agree though, as I do keep getting told I should reconsider. Funny thing is I am unsure myself... Love the forum, enjoy thinking I am helping it in my own way. Don't like the school parts of the job though..
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

05omegav6

« Reply #714 on: 24 June 2012, 10:00:58 »

Trouble is Daz, like most things in life apart from chocolate and mayonnaise, you need to have the tedious bits to balance the great bits ::) corny I know, but that doesn't make it any less valid :y

Makes hasty note of post count just in case... :P

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 24 June 2012, 10:48:43 »

Total respect to the lads who do the admin bit on this forum why the f*ck would anybody volunteer to add themselfs to the list ?

With the amount of bitching and backstabing going on nowdays, why put yourself in the middle of that ?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 25 June 2012, 21:54:11 »

I have heald the view for some time that Admin pander to ALMOST every complaint as justified and needs acting on. Sometimes to their own ends, as it's just easier for them.

It's not possible to please all the people all the time. So we have what appears to be a massively pedantic mind set thats almost un manageable. Now obviously those that are of a mind to will point to sour grapes over recent events... But that is not the case.
Initial comment...

Utter 'dangle berries'

In marginally more depth...
We once tried to make rules for everything, but quickly decided its not the way forward. If people can't work out "expected" behaviour from the guidelines, we're screwed.

This each and every complaint is dealt with individually, and I believe 99.99% of the time correctly and fairly, whatever some members may think of cliques etc.

If you, or anyone else, feels differently, I and the rest of the admins have an unlimited incoming PM box limit, use it ;)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 25 June 2012, 21:57:08 »

oppsed over by my own word censor. 'dangle berries'
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #718 on: 26 June 2012, 00:04:22 »

I have heald the view for some time that Admin pander to ALMOST every complaint as justified and needs acting on. Sometimes to their own ends, as it's just easier for them.

It's not possible to please all the people all the time. So we have what appears to be a massively pedantic mind set thats almost un manageable. Now obviously those that are of a mind to will point to sour grapes over recent events... But that is not the case.
Initial comment...

Utter 'dangle berries'

In marginally more depth...
We once tried to make rules for everything, but quickly decided its not the way forward. If people can't work out "expected" behaviour from the guidelines, we're screwed.

This each and every complaint is dealt with individually, and I believe 99.99% of the time correctly and fairly, whatever some members may think of cliques etc.

If you, or anyone else, feels differently, I and the rest of the admins have an unlimited incoming PM box limit, use it ;)
as said. Nothing to do with me specifically.  >:(
We have had clamp downs on swearing, because someone moaned.
We have had clamp downs on words, like terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tired. FFS grow up.  ;D
Moans about fiddling the word sensor eg Sh1t as opposed to Shit, for example.  :-\
Moans about not quite getting the dates right when welcoming newbies.  ::)
Somebody said something nasty , boo hoo.  ???
Some even moan or pic holes because they are seen as as acquaintances of others. Well get up of your arse and get involved then!  >:(

Etc etc. a hole load of BS and caniving to achieve their own ends and non of it anything at all to do with cars. It's gone way too far IMO. Because its been allowed to.

Christ we've even had meetings about moaning. To stop people moaning.  :o

A policy is in place, what ever it is, and it's not inforced until somebody points it out. Grass this grass that.  :-\

Fair enough, spammers need routing out. But as you say, we have pm's. Why do we need a grass button...? Sends entirely the wrong message IMO.

Obviously It's not possible to see full reasons for everything as a member  :y , and I'm not quite eloquent enough to put it across accurately.  :-[  But there's a side to this place that turns my stomach on occasion. ..but then on the other hand a thread or two comes along that renews faith and interest. Then progress looks like its being made. :)

Bit like England, lighten up, focus on something more important in life, and all of a sudden normal functionality can resume without worrying about who's got who under the microscope. Fe@k off and get a life.... sad muppets.  ;D

But as said, can't see what admin do sitting there, while I'm sitting here. So presume there's good reason, and respect those reasons. But I can also speak as I find. If that's  not ok with people, sorry. But there we are!

Added appropriate smileys in case people moan it reads ... well...like I'm moaning ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 28 June 2012, 20:27:21 »

Swearing filters are constantly modified, as heavy swearing isn't what we want.  You've met me often enough to know I'm certainly no angel in that respect  :-[, but IMHO, written swearing always seems worse ??  Obviously we'll never all agree on where the acceptable line is, but the Admin Team have a fairly similar idea on where it should be.

One of the reasons for OOF's formation was our (majority of our members) previous forum were forcing us out of our car specific area into a chat area that was, IMHO, plain rude - full of full-on swearing, and banter being offensive. IMHO.

Under the old software, we'd gleaned a decent word censor list, still needed regular tweaks.  However, the incompitent idiot who migrated the software didn't write a script to do the word censor  :-[, so we're still 'catching up'. Not helped by the censor being less configurable in the new software :(

We occasionally have a bit of fun with the censor - the "terribly sorry" bit is a mickey take from the JB/DLK/LJ incident. We have previously confused our American members with changing hoods/trunks to bonnets/boots, which occasionally causes oddities when people talk about hoodies and swimwear.

But I don't think thats your gripe?

As to grass button, its needed TBH. Yeah, its abused occasinally, but the benefits outweigh the downsides IMHO. PMs definately wouldn't work as well - though because you do not have priviledged access, I'm afraid you'll have to just trust me on that one.

Or have I missed your point(s)?

I agree with you that I get frustrated sometimes with OOF, but then you catch a glimpse of human kindness that makes you feel all warm inside - and no, thats not my incontinence. That makes it all worthwhile for me.

I am very aware that you, chrisgixer, are probably berrated by some groups here, because we seen a fair amount of each other.  I see nothing wrong with people creating friendships on OOF, be it because your outlaws live less than a mile from me, or because we both enjoy the same meals out, our women enjoy each other's company, we are prepared to help each other out, or any other reason that is nobody else's business.  You are not alone, sadly. Not sure if that makes me angry or sad.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.