Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vac lines  (Read 1045 times)

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • Omega 2.6 CD / Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Vac lines
« on: 08 April 2021, 08:52:46 »

After putting everything back together I decided to have a good look at the vac lines. I'm not sure if this is right but from the brake servo the diagram is showing what looks like another pipe going straight to the front multi ram (MR) actuator on the passenger side, but the pipes from the vac tank go to the rear multi-ram and the brake servo, nothing from servo goes to any of the front MR at least directly. On the front bagpipe thingy I can see front drivers side MR valve right at the radiator, and a white pipe goes from that to the one on the back, looks like a sensor, am I right that the sensor on the back is something to do with the other MR actuator as I can't see that chamber valve thing anywhere else.

Diagram:

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90499.0

I don't know if I'm actually looking at, or can see, the front MR left hand actuator as on the diagram, and if it's connected up properly. I done a video that might help explain and show what I'm looking at.

https://youtu.be/LcJsN2k4J_I

Just wanting to check if this might be wired up wrong as it's been like this since I got it.
« Last Edit: 08 April 2021, 08:55:04 by grifter »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Vac lines
« Reply #1 on: 08 April 2021, 10:36:33 »

Front vac tank is visible between Maf and crank ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2021, 12:00:29 »

I don't know if I'm actually looking at, or can see, the front MR left hand actuator as on the diagram, and if it's connected up properly.

If you mean that you can't see the passenger side front multi-ram (Valve shown on drawing) it's because it's not there. The diagram is probably from a 2.5/3.0 which had Secondary Air Injection Valve on the passenger side of the inlet. This was dropped on the 2.6/3.2 engine so you won't find that if you have either of those. If you google a V6 3.0 against a 3.2 and look at the passenger side inlet you'll be able to spot the difference.  :y
Apologies if I've misunderstood what you meant.  :)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • Omega 2.6 CD / Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2021, 09:16:11 »

I don't know if I'm actually looking at, or can see, the front MR left hand actuator as on the diagram, and if it's connected up properly.

If you mean that you can't see the passenger side front multi-ram (Valve shown on drawing) it's because it's not there. The diagram is probably from a 2.5/3.0 which had Secondary Air Injection Valve on the passenger side of the inlet. This was dropped on the 2.6/3.2 engine so you won't find that if you have either of those. If you google a V6 3.0 against a 3.2 and look at the passenger side inlet you'll be able to spot the difference.  :y
Apologies if I've misunderstood what you meant.  :)

Makes sense now, the top diagram must be used from the 2.5 version even though it says for later model.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 April 2021, 09:20:37 »

The 2.5/3.0 was fitted to the first facelift model year ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.