Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to save the planet  (Read 2172 times)

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
Re: How to save the planet
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2007, 19:24:00 »

Another miracle ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2007, 19:30:38 »

I bet it allows 100mpg, and gives another 50bhp.....
Grumpy old man

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2007, 20:17:27 »

Well its not the product i used to sell......but same principle.....and blooming cheaper.....i used to sell the different product for £50 but it did have 3 month money back garantee.

I carnt comment on this product but the ones i sold did work!

You could expect about upto 10% increase in mpg.....or power (tho if you used the extra power you didnt get the extra mpg)

Ive got one of the ones i used to sell on my omega lpg pipe.....old stock lying about.....so thought id try it on the lpg.....i can honestly say its making the tank of lpg last nearly 10 miles more....so it is working....about 5% more mpg.

Actually thinking about it....my merc has one fitted....that mpg went up from 40 to 43mpg.

The ones i sold never came back under the 3 month garantee.....so they must of worked!

Right......ive just had a dig about and found i have 3 brand new ones left......so heres a deal....

If you have a post count of 50 or higher.....i will send you one.....to try out.....if it does save you fuel or gives a few extra bhp....you can keep it for £40.....only conditions are on this offer.....before i send you one.....you must know you exact average mpg at the moment.....as theres no point in fitting one if you dont know how many mpg you get at the moment!.....plus you have to fit it as per instructions in the box......its easy to fit on 4 pot.....basically goes on the fuel pipe as near as you can get to the injector rail.....tho not sure how easy that is on a V6  :-/

If it doesnt make any difference......just send me it back....carnt say fairer than that

PM me if you wanna try one  :y

STMO123

« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2007, 21:07:29 »

Hmmmmmmm..... ::)

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 March 2007, 21:40:08 »

TD, I could tell you if it works quite easily as I'm rather anal with my MPG ever since my MAF issue last year, I now watch it like a hawk.

The run to my parents would be the test run, appx 210 miles, mainly M6 on cruise and would return 31 MPG with shell optimax everytime.

If the device adds 3 MPG as with your Merc it would give me an extra 21 miles on the run.  As I get 31 mpg it would equate to 2/3rds of a gallon or £2.30 saved.

To cover the £40 I would have to do this run 17 times = 3570 miles and I only go once a month!  

As my annual mileage is sub 10k it would take me the best part of a year to recoup the cost and for that reason as they say on Dragons Den, I'm out. :-/

STMO's £13 may be worth a punt though.......... ::)
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 March 2007, 21:46:15 »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TURBOMAG-XT-6-IONISER-CAR-FUEL-SAVER-POWER-INCREASES_W0QQi temZ230107800977QQcategoryZ122139QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd be more convince'd if the guy could put apostrophe's in the right place's for a start!

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #7 on: 24 March 2007, 21:58:25 »

TD, I could tell you if it works quite easily as I'm rather anal with my MPG ever since my MAF issue last year, I now watch it like a hawk.

The run to my parents would be the test run, appx 210 miles, mainly M6 on cruise and would return 31 MPG with shell optimax everytime.

If the device adds 3 MPG as with your Merc it would give me an extra 21 miles on the run.  As I get 31 mpg it would equate to 2/3rds of a gallon or £2.30 saved.

To cover the £40 I would have to do this run 17 times = 3570 miles and I only go once a month!  

As my annual mileage is sub 10k it would take me the best part of a year to recoup the cost and for that reason as they say on Dragons Den, I'm out. :-/

STMO's £13 may be worth a punt though.......... ::)

As you say it does depend on the mileage you do....40k miles a year and it could save you about £500 a year!.....i think i paid about £40 for them each......hence the £40 price tag. im probably losing on them after posting them!

If i remember correctly it depends on how strong the magnets are....and how long they last.....if you wish give STMO's link a punt.....but if it doesnt work.....dont tar them all the same  :y

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 March 2007, 22:05:10 »

I've seen similar magnets that can be added to oil filters to retain any metal shavings - they suggested using high power magnets from a hard drive as an alternative.

I'm sure adjusting my driving style and fitting harder tyres would have the same effect - but if I wanted good MPG I wouldn't have bought an Omega. :-X

Anyway the girl down the petrol station is georgeous and I like going, so there  :P
« Last Edit: 24 March 2007, 22:05:34 by Chopsdad »
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #9 on: 24 March 2007, 22:38:10 »

I've seen similar magnets that can be added to oil filters to retain any metal shavings - they suggested using high power magnets from a hard drive as an alternative.

I'm sure adjusting my driving style and fitting harder tyres would have the same effect - but if I wanted good MPG I wouldn't have bought an Omega. :-X

Anyway the girl down the petrol station is georgeous and I like going, so there  :P

Im not trying to hard sell them.....just an offer to try em free....for a period....and dont forget the clocks go one hour forward tonight  :y

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 March 2007, 22:43:19 »

Im not trying to hard sell them.....just an offer to try em free....for a period....and dont forget the clocks go one hour forward tonight  :y

Well i've sent you a pm and you can't even be arsed to open it you miserable git :D

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 March 2007, 22:49:01 »

Well i've sent you a pm and you can't even be arsed to open it you miserable git :D

Does that count as negative feedback Timbuk  ;D  Sounds like a scam  ;)

Edit. Only kidding TD.  If I did more miles I'd be first in the queue
« Last Edit: 24 March 2007, 22:50:09 by Chopsdad »

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 March 2007, 23:00:21 »

I'll let him off, he's opened it now ;)

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 March 2007, 23:26:36 »

Anyone knows what this does then:

http://www.ecotekplc.co.uk/cb-26p.htm

?

Alas, no more Omegas....

hobbes

• N.E. Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 March 2007, 00:43:26 »

http://www.ecotekplc.co.uk/cb-26p.htm

?

Had one fitted to my first Omega.

It's works by 'partially collapsing the manifold vacuum to allow better throttle response, venturi phenomenon..blah, blah...' - basically it makes you THINK your car is more responsive & saving fuel as you pay more attention to it.
Even I thought I saved 2mpg after fitting it - in reality I hadn't - was just watching the right foot a bit more.

They don't sell it as a fuel saver...that would mean having to provide verified claims...

The placebo effect is wonderful...

I'm also HIGHLY sceptical of any magnetic gizmos. The 'molecules' in fuel are TOTALLY unaffected by magnetic fields of the sorts of levels that a couple of (even cobalt) magnets give off. And besides, the atomisation is performed by nice, clean injectors - and most modern fuels have detergents to keep your fuel lines clean anyway.

ps. It's noteworthy that such devices that claim fuel saving are generally regulated in the U.S. unless the claim can be independantly proven...too many possible lawsuits...such rules don't seem to exist in the UK.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/devices/pb81247942.pdf - page 7 descibes the "no improvement" using a magnetic 'energiser'.

also - the same item can be bought for sweeties on the US fleabay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus-LS400-LS430-Gas-Fuel-Saver-00-01-02-03-04-05-06_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42604QQitemZ170091582337QQrdZ1

This bit made me laugh though "Q. Is there anything I need to do after the installation of Turbomag?

A. No, however you may need to change your oil in half the normal interval (i.e. 1500 miles as opposed to 3000 miles) with the first oil change, due to the Turbomag’s ability to clean the carbon build-up in your engine. ......."
What a load of Shhhhhhhhhh....

Best way to save fuel is stay off the loud pedal and cruise sensibly, but who here bought an Omega to SAVE fuel?
« Last Edit: 25 March 2007, 00:48:57 by hobbes »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 25 March 2007, 00:45:28 »

Just introduces an air leak into the induction system on the overrun. Choccy teapot because the injection system cuts off the injectors on the overrun anyway.

Might do something on a car with a carburettor.

Kevin
« Last Edit: 25 March 2007, 00:53:43 by Kevin_Wood »
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #16 on: 25 March 2007, 10:06:53 »

Sorry Timbuk.....maybe its IE7 or summat but i only got notification of your pm quite a while after you sent it  :( ......i find that seems to happen quite a bit!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 March 2007, 10:33:49 »

Sorry Timbuk.....maybe its IE7 or summat but i only got notification of your pm quite a while after you sent it  :( ......i find that seems to happen quite a bit!
The pop up notification (that only appears when you go to homepage), or the email one?  We do seem to be having issues with emailing hotmail addresses at present.  I've double checked our spf records are correct...
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.