Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How to save the planet  (Read 2173 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: How to save the planet
« Reply #15 on: 25 March 2007, 00:45:28 »

Anyone knows what this does then:

Just introduces an air leak into the induction system on the overrun. Choccy teapot because the injection system cuts off the injectors on the overrun anyway.

Might do something on a car with a carburettor.

Kevin
« Last Edit: 25 March 2007, 00:53:43 by Kevin_Wood »
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #16 on: 25 March 2007, 10:06:53 »

I've seen similar magnets that can be added to oil filters to retain any metal shavings - they suggested using high power magnets from a hard drive as an alternative.

I'm sure adjusting my driving style and fitting harder tyres would have the same effect - but if I wanted good MPG I wouldn't have bought an Omega. :-X

Anyway the girl down the petrol station is georgeous and I like going, so there  :P

Im not trying to hard sell them.....just an offer to try em free....for a period....and dont forget the clocks go one hour forward tonight  :y

Well i've sent you a pm and you can't even be arsed to open it you miserable git :D

Does that count as negative feedback Timbuk  ;D  Sounds like a scam  ;)

Edit. Only kidding TD.  If I did more miles I'd be first in the queue

I'll let him off, he's opened it now ;)

Sorry Timbuk.....maybe its IE7 or summat but i only got notification of your pm quite a while after you sent it  :( ......i find that seems to happen quite a bit!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 March 2007, 10:33:49 »

I've seen similar magnets that can be added to oil filters to retain any metal shavings - they suggested using high power magnets from a hard drive as an alternative.

I'm sure adjusting my driving style and fitting harder tyres would have the same effect - but if I wanted good MPG I wouldn't have bought an Omega. :-X

Anyway the girl down the petrol station is georgeous and I like going, so there  :P

Im not trying to hard sell them.....just an offer to try em free....for a period....and dont forget the clocks go one hour forward tonight  :y

Well i've sent you a pm and you can't even be arsed to open it you miserable git :D

Does that count as negative feedback Timbuk  ;D  Sounds like a scam  ;)

Edit. Only kidding TD.  If I did more miles I'd be first in the queue

I'll let him off, he's opened it now ;)

Sorry Timbuk.....maybe its IE7 or summat but i only got notification of your pm quite a while after you sent it  :( ......i find that seems to happen quite a bit!
The pop up notification (that only appears when you go to homepage), or the email one?  We do seem to be having issues with emailing hotmail addresses at present.  I've double checked our spf records are correct...
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.