Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: F/S 2001 'Y' Omega 3.2 V6 saloon red- New Advert  (Read 5049 times)

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
Re: F/S 2001 'Y' Omega 3.2 V6 saloon red- New Advert
« Reply #15 on: 27 February 2010, 15:58:36 »

I have a pic of this car in service & will try to post it on here later. Its not the same livery as the 53 pate it hasn't got the stripe down the side it has just police along the bottom & the met crest on the front doors, the word police in small blue letters on the bonnet & it has a different lightbar. It also had steal wheels when in service with no wheel trims. hope this shed's some light on this car.

Torino74 I'd certainly be interested to see the pic, I do have one picture of it in service, and haven't managed to find any others;

david_omega

« Reply #16 on: 27 February 2010, 18:51:14 »

good effort, shockingly horrid light bar tho!!!
incidently guys, the red one i have on the 53, which is a clients car, i have traced the make of the lightbar down, and having fully refurbed the car he wants me to drill holes in the roof and fit it, i might get a contractor in, i think i will be sick!

Arrolman

• Intermediate Member
  • Renfrew,Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 February 2010, 19:13:19 »

Must say that this is growing on me, think i'll forgo the idea of a 3.2 manual, driving a manual truck then a manual defender all day gets tiring after a while. And it just so happens im in London start of May so just down the road, decisions decisions :-/. Have you finished with the interior?

Iain
Looking to win the lottery..........

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 February 2010, 19:18:06 »

I'm just waiting for a drivers door loom, once that arrives that'll enable the operation of the rear electric windows...but other than that the interior is now all done and there's nothing else to be done, so almost ready  :y

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #19 on: 27 February 2010, 19:57:51 »

I also have a few photos of the same car taken about 18 months ago. I uesd to see it everday in my old job.

Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

alunonhisown

« Reply #20 on: 27 February 2010, 20:11:52 »

Looking at these pics, what do Double RED lines mean?
Never seen the before.

Rockhampton

• Intermediate Member
  • Trecelyn, Gwent
  • Gone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27 February 2010, 20:20:45 »

Never seen the before.
Tow away zone.... no parking at any time, no ticket, just straight tow away -  pretty popular in the city  :y
Previous GM Models include '00 Omega 2.5 CD Auto, '06 Holden Commodore Executive 3.6 Auto, '99 Astra 1.8 CDX Auto, several Astra Diesels.

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27 February 2010, 20:23:21 »

Never seen the before.
Tow away zone.... no parking at any time, no ticket, just straight tow away -  pretty popular in the city  :y
The police are the exception though  :y
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #23 on: 27 February 2010, 20:31:43 »

Never seen the before.
In London they have RED ROUTES which means no stopping at any time.

Quote from the TFL website
The red route is a network of roads that carry a third of the city's traffic and are essential for the movement of traffic and public transport. These comprise mainly of major routes into and around London, and play a vital role in keeping London moving.

And this from Wikipedia:
Red route
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
In the UK, red routes are major roads in urban areas, on which stopping (even to load or unload a vehicle) is prohibited or only allowed during very restricted periods at times displayed on nearby signs. The intention is to enhance the flow of commuter traffic. The routes are marked with continuous red lines painted along the road adjacent to the kerb.

In London they are policed by "Red Route Patrols" and managed by London Streets, an arm of Transport for London.

Double red lines - Stopping is not permitted at any time (normally at important junctions, or at bus stops)
Single red lines - Stopping is not permitted except at the times indicated by the signs.
Red route clearway - Stopping is only permitted in lay-bys (red lines are only marked at junctions)
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

Arrolman

• Intermediate Member
  • Renfrew,Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 March 2010, 22:25:21 »

Just seen your reply to my question Josh lol, think I need my eyes tested. Let me know when you finish with the interior, really quite like the look of this now :y

Cheers,
Iain
« Last Edit: 04 March 2010, 22:25:41 by Arrolman »
Looking to win the lottery..........

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04 March 2010, 23:00:47 »

That's good to hear Iain, all that's left to do is fit the bloody drivers door loom, then she's ready...so hopefully very soon. I'll keep you updated.

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 March 2010, 20:48:52 »

Right, an update. A new drivers door loom has been fitted, all the motors and everything for the rear electric windows are fitted. However, the rear windows don't work, there is power to the rear doors, and to the drivers door and to the control switch for the windows. I have no idea why they aren't working. The interior is finished, a new cage was fitted, but no radio. I've done very few miles in it, I think it's 62,400 or so now, I'll confirm in the morning.
Now, this Friday, the 19th a former TVP saloon in white will be coming along, which is going to be a project car. If you make me an offer and plan to pay and pick this Omega up before late Thursday you'll no doubt get it cheaper, after then I'll simply advertise it properly on ebay and autotrader. I've already run out of space, so this needs to be gone to make room for the TVP saloon in white. So if you wish to make an offer, you can pm me or comment in the thread...however you'd prefer  :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.