Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seen two things that have surprised me today...  (Read 1480 times)

05omegav6

Seen two things that have surprised me today...
« on: 02 March 2016, 16:48:28 »

Firstly, watched a Nissan 350Z enter a wet and always greasy roundabout at speed, predictably go very sideways before exiting perfectly in lane one... This roundabout is one that in today's conditions sees compactor artics understeering off the edge of and rolling down the bank, my surprise being at the apparent control.

Second surprise was seeing a very nice US spec Jaaag Xjs v12 convertible, rare in its own right, drive past not one, but two petrol stations :o

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Seen two things that have surprised me today...
« Reply #1 on: 02 March 2016, 16:53:33 »

Ha! Rare indeed to see people with good car control these days.

Wonder if the driver had his "watch this " or"oh b*gger" face on while he was doing it... ;D

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 March 2016, 18:10:03 »

Ha! Rare indeed to see people with good car control these days.

Wonder if the driver had his "watch this " or"oh b*gger" face on while he was doing it... ;D

Probably the "oh bugger" face also requiring a change of underware  ;D

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #3 on: 02 March 2016, 18:18:47 »

Always loved the XJ-S especially the V12, not in the same league as the E-Type but I always wanted one. Trouble was I was to bloody big for one  ;D ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 March 2016, 18:29:20 »

Firstly, watched a Nissan 350Z enter a wet and always greasy roundabout at speed, predictably go very sideways before exiting perfectly in lane one... This roundabout is one that in today's conditions sees compactor artics understeering off the edge of and rolling down the bank, my surprise being at the apparent control.
I've ruined my Bullet, its just got awful understeer everywhere. Its like driving a FWD :(
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 March 2016, 19:00:51 »

Early XJS V12s-and XJ saloons were good for about 14-15 to the gallon as I recall.Later HE [High Efficiency] versions supposedly good for about 18 to the gallon.But such style to burn it all off with :y

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #6 on: 02 March 2016, 19:36:09 »

I keep casting an eye in the classics section on the bay and looking at some of the Daimler Double six or V12 XJ cars on there. Very tempted. £120 a year on classic insurance, I'd love one but SWMBO would probably have me shot if I came home with another car.  :'(

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 March 2016, 21:30:43 »

In the Haynes museum, Sparkford, is a Jaguar V12 that used to be John Haynes personal transport. Beside it is a picture of John Haynes, and a plate stating that the engine was a nightmare, and hardly ever ran on all 12 cylinders despite all the efforts of Jaguar mechanics..

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 March 2016, 22:03:18 »

Firstly, watched a Nissan 350Z enter a wet and always greasy roundabout at speed, predictably go very sideways before exiting perfectly in lane one... This roundabout is one that in today's conditions sees compactor arrive
  off the edge of and rolling down the bank, my surprise being at the apparent control.

Second surprise was seeing a very nice US spec Jaaag Xjs v12 convertible, rare in its own right, drive past not one, but two petrol stations :o

If they are 6x4, the double drive is just pushing, driver error, if it's a Volvo 6x2 pusher, they are crap for grip in the wet when turning,.
 most hgv suffer, due to weight pushing down on pin and lifting front slightly. Still pilot driver error
Hoof'land storeman.

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #9 on: 02 March 2016, 22:05:30 »

In the Haynes museum, Sparkford, is a Jaguar V12 that used to be John Haynes personal transport. Beside it is a picture of John Haynes, and a plate stating that the engine was a nightmare, and hardly ever ran on all 12 cylinders despite all the efforts of Jaguar mechanics..
Yep used to look after a mates XJS V12 - PITA to do anything on - makes a V6 Omega look like a Mini.  Much preferred working on my old 3.8 E Type.
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

05omegav6

« Reply #10 on: 02 March 2016, 22:14:50 »

Firstly, watched a Nissan 350Z enter a wet and always greasy roundabout at speed, predictably go very sideways before exiting perfectly in lane one... This roundabout is one that in today's conditions sees compactor arrive
  off the edge of and rolling down the bank, my surprise being at the apparent control.

If they are 6x4, the double drive is just pushing, driver error, if it's a Volvo 6x2 pusher, they are crap for grip in the wet when turning,.
 most hgv suffer, due to weight pushing down on pin and lifting front slightly. Still pilot driver error
Theses... https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/wyliefox/20120357766/

Doomed from get go, especially when they are (over)loaded... Roundabout in question is the A24/A264 junction on the Horsham bypass...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.