Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Holiday snaps ....  (Read 3247 times)

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday snaps ....
« Reply #15 on: 29 August 2007, 00:22:54 »

Nice beach - I want to do Brittany in a couple of years,
I would've done her 4 or 5 years ago, but 2 kids and a lot of drugs later mean she's a bit mingin now ;D

Crazydad

• Omega Baron
  • Germany
    • 2.5 V6 facelift
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 August 2007, 13:52:45 »

Wow you did a fair bit of driving there.

Pics look great hope the holiday was too :y :y

Dave

• Sittingbourne,Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 August 2007, 23:21:33 »

Hi,

Looks like fun!  The 20mpg would smart, but I guess the aerodynamics and weight are a little worse with the caravan on the back....  sometimes its nice to hear the V6 working hard for its living since it sounds so good.

Your car looks in great condition, and surely a V plate would be one of the last mini-facelifts?

One question;  I notice your car has a small black spoiler under the front bumper that my car ('98 elite) doesn't - should mine have had one or was it only fitted to later models?  And if so can you fit them to earlier cars?  And if so does anyone have one spare?

Cheers  :)

20mpg when pulling 1600kgs @ 55-60 mph is pretty good, the old scorpio only got around 15mpg !! Normal solo driving I get around 28-35mpg depending on how I drive it !!

As to the mini-face lift/ spoiler questions I'm afraid I have no idea ... only a new member to the site and I didn't even know there were such things as mini or full facelifts until a few weeks back !! I'm sure one of the experts I keep asking for info from can answer you accurately.

I am truly amazed at 2 things .....  

1. How little I knew about this car

2. How much info is readily available on this site

This means I am about to dig out the old toolbox and start actually doing my own work.. just as I used to in the cortina/MGB days.. I was under the misconception that you could not DIY on a car like this without zillions of specalist tools and equipment ...so I have been paying garage bills with some annoyance... that stops now !!! ( unfortunately for the resident experts.. this means loads of probably inane questions !! )

:)
1. Yes its a mini face lift model
2. The black spoiler should be on your model but most get knock off hitting curb's.

We are driving down to Brittany in October for a chill out week. We have rented a cottage by the sea,I drive a lorry all week, so pulling a trailer on my days off are a NO NO.
« Last Edit: 29 August 2007, 23:27:04 by Dave »
Grand Scenic 1.9 dci. Hands free card,Panoramic sunroof,sliding centre console,Opening tailgate window,Climate control,Cruise control,parking sensors,Roof bar spoiler,Folding mirrors,Auto lights & wipers.

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 December 2007, 09:42:59 »

34 views and not a single comment ??  :-/

Not the case, just admiring the Meega.....  What a beautiful example it is....  Where are the photos taken?  Looks mint..

There's always Newent in 2008.. if we do it and if you can make it..

Merry Xmas  DC ;)

P.S.

We went to Buxton (1786 feet above sea level) for last New Year... with our van, found a great pub with 8 pitches... only us there... bloody freezing... free party.. free pool (Billiards) for the kids....  

Shall never forget it.... GR8.. 8-)

Do it right, do it once................

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #19 on: 22 December 2007, 11:03:22 »

Very nice car..Seems mine gone in UK when I'm  in sleep  ;D :y

Merry xmas !
« Last Edit: 22 December 2007, 11:03:50 by cem_devecioglu »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.