Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cyclists . .what is the law?  (Read 3423 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Cyclists . .what is the law?
« Reply #15 on: 12 March 2016, 09:41:33 »

I thought Guffer would have weighed in on this by now!   ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 March 2016, 10:09:03 »

i was in a taxi last Saturday when a cyclist ( i think he had a death wish ) pulled out right in front. of course the taxi driver had a rant, when i was paying the taxi off the driver went on to tell me that since xmas he has paid out  3 times to have slight damage made good caused by cycles. - it was a nice motor too

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 March 2016, 10:19:58 »

Having to frequent the Metropolis known by many as "that shithole called Oxford", drivers of motorised vehicles are always in the wrong, and the cyclists have the moral high ground.

Next time, I promise I will not brake for the retards, as we need to remove the corruption from the gene pool.
Grumpy old man

Jusme

• Omega Knight
  • North Hykeham, Lincoln.
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 March 2016, 10:58:04 »

I am totally fed up with the amount of money spent and the amount of road space taken for cycle lanes that the majority of cyclists don't bother using, preferring to cycle on the path. Plus how these days pedestrian crossings have become cyclist crossings? As cyclists once mobile are supposed to adhere to the rules of the road as much as any motorist, perhaps I should try driving crossways across a pedestrian crossing. Wonder how many times plod would allow me to get away with that? As for those lycra clad 'tour de france' wannabe's, that can be found on Sundays on narrow rural roads riding 2 or 3 abreast chatting happily. 'Well' !..................
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 March 2016, 11:06:42 »

Slightly off topic, but in reference to the previous post, I did actually see a woman drive up a zebra crossing. Those who know Hazlemere would know we have a pedestrian crossing right on the junction. Behind the crossing is a small access road for the shops. This woman, turned left for High Wycombe, but instead of proceeding another 100 yards to the entrance of the road, turned immediately right and drove up the crossing, through the gap in the barriers, and onto the service road. Unbelievable....everybody just stopped and stared ;D ;D ;D

They have now put bollards up and reduced the barrier gap  :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 March 2016, 21:06:06 »

........ As for those lycra clad 'tour de france' wannabe's, that can be found on Sundays on narrow rural roads riding 2 or 3 abreast chatting happily. 'Well' !..................

I believe that smoking them out is a national sport across the water, affectionately known as 'rolling coal'.  ;D

http://youtu.be/ZdDxjge5hmY
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 12 March 2016, 21:13:04 »

........ As for those lycra clad 'tour de france' wannabe's, that can be found on Sundays on narrow rural roads riding 2 or 3 abreast chatting happily. 'Well' !..................

I believe that smoking them out is a national sport across the water, affectionately known as 'rolling coal'.  ;D

http://youtu.be/ZdDxjge5hmY
;D ;D love it.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 March 2016, 22:26:44 »

I am totally fed up with the amount of money spent and the amount of road space taken for cycle lanes that the majority of cyclists don't bother using, preferring to cycle on the path. Plus how these days pedestrian crossings have become cyclist crossings? As cyclists once mobile are supposed to adhere to the rules of the road as much as any motorist, perhaps I should try driving crossways across a pedestrian crossing. Wonder how many times plod would allow me to get away with that? As for those lycra clad 'tour de france' wannabe's, that can be found on Sundays on narrow rural roads riding 2 or 3 abreast chatting happily. 'Well' !..................

We get those all the time round here, they won`t go into single file to let others pass and carry on as though nothing is wrong, makes my blood boil  :(

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 March 2016, 21:02:26 »

I thought Guffer would have weighed in on this by now!   ::)  ;D

Had more important things to do.  Like prodding hot pokers in my eyes.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 March 2016, 01:21:31 »

So they narrow the road & lay down a new cycle path & erect signs, paint the the thing up.
What do we get now, cyclists on the old narrowed road. I asked a bloke, why he wasn`t using the cycle path, " It restricts my speed" ; he said ::) so I went back to counting sheep in the mornin rush hour.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 14 March 2016, 09:46:18 »

Some cycle paths in urban areas are like obstacle courses and when it,s alongside pedestrian paths they wander (the pedestrians that is) all over both playing with mobiles etc. and don,t get me going about dog walkers with their uber long retractable leads. ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15 March 2016, 15:48:17 »

This guy doesn't like them either. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kotWv4MCxNI
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

jimbo125

• Intermediate Member
  • Camberley
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.5V6CDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 March 2016, 01:33:16 »

Just finished my shift on ambulance response car, during shift responding to an emergency with blues and twos on lycra ninja cut me up on a round about instead of pulling over as the other two preceding motorists did. What a idiot! It will be him needing an ambulance next time >:(
2.5V6 Had it since 2002, what a beast, worth the time and effort to keep it road worthy. Vauxhall bring them back!!! Laser timing kit for OOF member hire

aaronjb

« Reply #28 on: 16 March 2016, 10:14:36 »

This guy doesn't like them either. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kotWv4MCxNI

All that needs is the Benny Hill music...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.