Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: CV 19 vaccination  (Read 38264 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: CV 19 vaccination
« Reply #240 on: 31 December 2020, 17:45:10 »

Doctors have written to Matt Ballcock telling him that the idea of cancelling second vaccinations, in favour of giving everyone their first, is totally out of order as there is absolutely no medical evidence that one is enough to give any practical immunity after a few weeks. The government is in danger of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 31 December 2020, 17:54:23 »

Doctors have written to Matt Ballcock telling him that the idea of cancelling second vaccinations, in favour of giving everyone their first, is totally out of order as there is absolutely no medical evidence that one is enough to give any practical immunity after a few weeks. The government is in danger of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

That is their only competency. If only it wasn't so oppsing useless.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 31 December 2020, 18:10:45 »

I think by the time they finish giving the first dose to the vulnerable ,most will have lost all the antibodies anyway  ::)
and the vaccine doesn't stop you catching it and spreading it to others anyway 

I was out today getting essential supplies , still people NOT wearing masks and complete disregard for social distancing
56 thousand confirmed new cases today alone  :(

I guess people won't learn until someone they are close too is dead  >:(

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 31 December 2020, 18:19:23 »

DoctorsThe union mouthpieces for the doctors union have written to Matt Ballcock telling him that the idea of cancelling second vaccinations, in favour of giving everyone their first, is totally out of order as there is absolutely no medical evidence that one is enough to give any practical immunity after a few weeks. The government is in danger of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

FTFY ... don't forget to mention Prof Peter Openshaw, of Imperial College London,  (probably a tad more qualified than a union quack) ... who has something slightly different, and more constructive, to say on the matter .... but as that doesn't fit your anti-government stance best not to say it ???

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 31 December 2020, 18:35:55 »

DoctorsThe union mouthpieces for the doctors union have written to Matt Ballcock telling him that the idea of cancelling second vaccinations, in favour of giving everyone their first, is totally out of order as there is absolutely no medical evidence that one is enough to give any practical immunity after a few weeks. The government is in danger of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

FTFY ... don't forget to mention Prof Peter Openshaw, of Imperial College London,  (probably a tad more qualified than a union quack) ... who has something slightly different, and more constructive, to say on the matter .... but as that doesn't fit your anti-government stance best not to say it ???
My anti government stance? You really do get worse  ;D ;D
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 31 December 2020, 18:42:15 »

The first person I heard suggesting the idea of giving everyone the first dose (about a week ago) was Tony Blair.
My rule of thumb is if he says something is a good idea, its almost certainly a  bad one, and vice versa. 
If he is right about this, its probably the first time he has been right about anything, ever.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 31 December 2020, 19:49:42 »

The first person I heard suggesting the idea of giving everyone the first dose (about a week ago) was Tony Blair.
My rule of thumb is if he says something is a good idea, its almost certainly a  bad one, and vice versa. 
If he is right about this, its probably the first time he has been right about anything, ever.  ::)

Yes I heard the BBC trumpeting Blair's opinion and immediately thought "Oh FFS shut up man!" >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 01 January 2021, 10:51:38 »

Yes I heard the BBC trumpeting Blair's opinion and immediately thought "Oh FFS shut up man!" >:(

I've said it before, but when it comes to Tony B.Liar, Jonathan Pie absolutely nailed it:

"The turd that won't flush". :D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 16 January 2021, 11:53:04 »

I've just read a report that GP's and vaccination centres are being directed by NHS management to dispose of 'leftover' vaccine doses at the end of the day rather than give them to staff or anyone who happens to be around.  ::)  If that's not bad enough apparently those who refuse to comply are being threatened with sanctions including cancellation of vaccine supplies or some are even worried GP contracts could be threatened.  >:(

Compare with Israel where vaccination centres have invited people to queue outside so spare doses can be delivered at the end of the day on a first come first served basis.  :y   

Who will rid us of these troublesome bureaucrats?  ::)

Edit:

The original report I saw was in the Telegraph, but the Daily Mail have picked up the story and they don't have a paywall.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9154145/GPs-forced-THROW-AWAY-leftover-vaccines.html

« Last Edit: 16 January 2021, 12:02:32 by Sir Tigger QC »

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 16 January 2021, 12:37:53 »

If the tracking chips go into unknown people's arms then how will they know who they are tracking  :P

maybe they don't have the 5G bandwidth to cope and need more time to put up more masts   

or ,do they want to see how the over 80 etc Guinee pigs get on before putting it into younger victims recipients  :-\

mismanagement of Chinese Virus response seems to be a common theme here in the UK  :(

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 16 January 2021, 12:52:19 »

Three things going on of interest.

Various media including Euronews have reported older frail folk dying ( not in great numbers thankfully) after being vaccinated. My 95 year old dad had his this morning but he isnt frail .

Although WHO are not in favour of vaccination passports/QR codes at the moment , quite a few countries are including Spain. The idea being you can travel and or use outdoor spaces?

A virus just waiting to jump from fruit bats to humans is Nypah. Nasty thing too compared to CV19.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 16 January 2021, 13:45:03 »

Although WHO are not in favour of vaccination passports/QR codes at the moment , quite a few countries are including Spain. The idea being you can travel and or use outdoor spaces?

I think having to show a vaccination card/passport/QR code of some sort to travel will be inevitable, and that's nothing new as some countries have demanded sight of a Yellow Fever vaccine certificate as condition of entry for years.  ;)

I wonder if we'll have to show it to gain entry to public spaces such as bars, restaurants or cinemas though...  :-\

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 16 January 2021, 13:51:16 »

I've just read a report that GP's and vaccination centres are being directed by NHS management to dispose of 'leftover' vaccine doses at the end of the day rather than give them to staff or anyone who happens to be around.  ::)  If that's not bad enough apparently those who refuse to comply are being threatened with sanctions including cancellation of vaccine supplies or some are even worried GP contracts could be threatened.  >:(

Compare with Israel where vaccination centres have invited people to queue outside so spare doses can be delivered at the end of the day on a first come first served basis.  :y   

Edit:

The original report I saw was in the Telegraph, but the Daily Mail have picked up the story and they don't have a paywall.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9154145/GPs-forced-THROW-AWAY-leftover-vaccines.html
Well I'm going for mine at 3:30, so they're not throwing them away up here.
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 16 January 2021, 14:10:33 »

Edit:

Is that one of the unused ones Steve? Or, are you much older than you're letting on. ;) Goog luck by the way. :-*

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 16 January 2021, 14:27:44 »

Edit:

Is that one of the unused ones Steve? Or, are you much older than you're letting on. ;) Goog luck by the way. :-*
No idea, Ron, got a call from the doctors last night asking me if I wanted to go. The place I'm going for it was empty when I passed yesterday, so maybe a lot of old folk (unlike me  :P) are snowed in. Their loss, my gain.
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.