Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ikea ARRRRGGHHH!  (Read 3968 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Ikea ARRRRGGHHH!
« Reply #15 on: 04 January 2021, 21:36:01 »

I think Ikea would be shut now anyway tier 5
crap furniture is not essential  :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 January 2021, 21:38:22 »

I went to IKEA once....
Never been. If i tried to go to the MK one i'd most probably get lost anyway.  :-[

No you can't get lost Ronny as they have a set path which you have to follow all round the store. 

You go in the entrance and get herded along with all the clucky women with their pissed off/bored blokes until eventually you get spat out the other end at the exit.  ::)

It's designed for women who like to gaze at everything for sale, but crap for blokes who know what they need, and want just go in, get it and leave quickly!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 January 2021, 21:46:19 »

Last time I went I loaded up the car then nipped in to have a pee before heading home. Yep, there's no way to get to the loo without going round the whole rather maze again. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 January 2021, 21:47:57 »

Wasnt there a Bathroom display section before you got to the loo,s ?  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 January 2021, 21:54:03 »

If I'd needed to "drop the kids off at the pool" I'd have been tempted. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 January 2021, 22:10:57 »

I went to IKEA once....
Never been. If i tried to go to the MK one i'd most probably get lost anyway.  :-[

No you can't get lost Ronny as they have a set path which you have to follow all round the store. 

You go in the entrance and get herded along with all the clucky women with their pissed off/bored blokes until eventually you get spat out the other end at the exit.  ::)

It's designed for women who like to gaze at everything for sale, but crap for blokes who know what they need, and want just go in, get it and leave quickly!  :)
The two times i've been to MK i've taken wrong turnings. It was quite a while ago mind.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 January 2021, 22:12:58 »

I wonder if the truth about TB's IKEA ban is that he'd had a Lamb Naga the night before and.....  :o  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04 January 2021, 22:29:35 »

I wonder if the truth about TB's IKEA ban is that he'd had a Lamb Naga the night before and.....  :o  ;D

... the meatballs and stodge weren't fast-acting enough? :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 January 2021, 19:58:06 »

I went to IKEA once....

The two times i've been to MK i've taken wrong turnings. It was quite a while ago mind.
MK is a piece of piss to get around, but you do have to look at the road names (well, numbers), as if you don't know the place, all the roundabouts look the same.  But the H and V numbers make it a piece of piss :y
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 January 2021, 20:21:54 »

Obviously right up to the point where the grid goes through the original towns of Wolverton, Stony Stratford and Bletchley (where Ikea is), where the rid goes to pot ;D
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05 January 2021, 20:24:50 »

Obviously right up to the point where the grid goes through the original towns of Wolverton, Stony Stratford and Bletchley (where Ikea is), where the rid goes to pot ;D
So, i DO have a valid excuse.  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05 January 2021, 20:36:11 »

So, i DO have a valid excuse.  ;D
Not really, as those old towns are like any town...
Grumpy old man

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05 January 2021, 21:33:47 »

Last time I went I loaded up the car then nipped in to have a pee before heading home. Yep, there's no way to get to the loo without going round the whole rather maze again. >:(
.    Fk me! It sounds like a never ending piss jamboree to me, by the time I had one I would need another, do they do BOGOF? :)
Laying a rubber road.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 January 2021, 22:19:10 »

In 1990, whilst living not far from the M5/M42 junction, South West Of Brum, we decided to buy an Ikea kitchen.
This was before the internet. Ikea being North about 40 mins drive on a Saturday. We worked out carefully every part we needed, and went around and filled up the car. And roof rack, but they didn't have the knobs we wanted. Oh well. We decide to fit the rest and go back.
Half way through fitting the work top I noticed an issue so had to go back and swap it. Whilst I was there I tried to get the knobs. Not in stock. Couldn't reserve them.either. And they couldn't say when they'd be in stock.
I passed the Junction on work trips occassionally, so over the next 3 weeks I popped in twice. Still no knobs.
Finally we went on a Saturday Morning with a screw driver, and in front of the only salesman, in the kitchen show area , we removed the knobs we wanted, and got him.to put them.in a bag, with a hand written price tag.
It wasn't the out of stock bit that screwed my mind, but the fact there was no way of reserving them.

Has it got any better with the internet?

About 4 years ago I was forced to go and buy a double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and 2 bedside drawer units from Warrington.  It just fitted in the omega. Took all oppsing day. Had to go to a separate warehouse to queue up for half the stuff.

The quality and ease of assembly are acceptable to me. I just hate the place and customer experience.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07 January 2021, 07:25:55 »

I think, like Ryanair, the customer experience is deliberately poor to remind you how cheap stuff is. Not a strategy that works, for me at any rate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.