Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Evaluation requested  (Read 2455 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Evaluation requested
« Reply #15 on: 04 May 2021, 14:56:29 »

Ex police cars, especially obselete ones have no value.

Even now, six year old job cars only sell for a grand or so.

That's because they're largely used up. Pool cars have a hard life before you consider the use that Police cars get.
Add in the damage that all the extra kit and markings can do, and they'd have to be really cheap to be worth even considering.

Joshmo295

• Ireland
  • 3.2 omega/ Ford Sierra
    • Ford want an omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 May 2021, 01:53:20 »

The parts you have added, eg seats, etc aren't modifications, they are replacement standard parts,  they won't increase the insurance value of the car as they will pay it out as whatever it's registered as. So an ex-plod with Leather,alloys etc won't make any difference, they only care about performance modifications. That's my experience,,, others will say different.

The leather seats and alloys are standard on the car was only saying the spec of the car as leather seats (in my opinion) are more desirable than cloth ones
Also the accident wasn’t my fault man crossed my lane into my path obviously didn’t look but that’s in the past now just sorting it all out.
The engineer looking at my car is valued the car at 3.5k with .5k for salvage
In my opinion 3k would be just enough to put the omega back on the road as all I need is front and rear bumper headlights and possibly a few silly things (have another omega for parts)
Reason y I want to put her back on the road is because during difficult times (covid) that’s what I spent my time working on and building to completion it’s was also my first project car so it has significant sentimental value to me now and always will
I appreciate your assistance and guidance everyone!

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 May 2021, 07:05:26 »

Sounds like you got a good engineer to inspect the car if he has valued it at £3.5k.
I had paintwork damage caused on mine back in the day and it took 4 1/2 years to get the insurance company to pay out

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 May 2021, 08:13:19 »

Sounds like you got a good engineer to inspect the car if he has valued it at £3.5k.
I had paintwork damage caused on mine back in the day and it took 4 1/2 years to get the insurance company to pay out

Cars are more expensive in Ireland.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.