Chat Area > General Car Chat

1.6 Zaff

(1/5) > >>

countrywoman:
Seeing how my youngest lad didnt keep his pants zipped up he now needs a 7 seater, got a text from him asking if a 2013 1.6 Zaffera was any good. Told him gutless but no worse that any of the choices for reliability . 88K he said for mileage.

TheBoy:
Thats probably a Zafira-C (aka Zafira Tourer).  Tunnie had a couple of them and could probably state what they are like to live with.

I had a Zafira-A, and can't fault its versatility or reliability.  Despite being completely unloved by me and abused, and often left for months on end abandoned in various places, it was doggedly reliable and fairly rust free aside from front subframe that stupidly sits in damp sound deadening all its life.

We actually looked at Zaf-B's to replace it, due to its versatility, but everything around 2012 I looked at were rot boxes underneath, apart from one very cheap one that had zero documentation and I didn't trust the seller.  We were looking at diesels due to economy, and most also had the unmodified M32 gearbox that seems to have reliability issues - all 4 I test drove had the usual telltale signs of the well known bearing failure.

STEMO:
I thought zaf C was either 1.4T petrol or 2.0 diesel, but there may have been some crossover.

countrywoman:
I dont know, lost touch with modern stuff. Thats me still living in the 60s!!

Raeturbo:
May have one for sale 2012, 1.6 16v exclusive fsh, 71,000 miles two owner just had full service and timing belt, very good condition inside and out,  excellent tyres, full valet in and out tomorrow £3500.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version