Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall Omega 2JZ Engine Conversion  (Read 13018 times)

tgm147

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral
    • '02 2.2 Omega CD
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall Omega 2JZ Engine Conversion
« Reply #15 on: 30 May 2012, 17:44:29 »

thanks it fits quite well i can still get a spanner down the sides lol  ;D its the jdm version i think so should be bout 280 bhp standard but it does hav quite a bit of tuning possibilities  :y

Too right there is!

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=47&t=841007&mid=0&i=0&nmt=Going+for+1000+bhp!&mid=0

730bhp wasn't enough and if you skip to the end of the thread, it's now making over 1000bhp.

chuftsmv6

• Intermediate Member
  • stoke on trent
    • omega mv6 2jz and audi s3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 May 2012, 19:02:12 »

hi what an engine :y i bet that is bit of a handfull. dont think i could afford to go that far with the 2jz :'( maybe 350 400 is in more of my budget lol :y :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 May 2012, 19:10:53 »

Probably needs sheilding off that (quite small) cone filter, and getting cold air in - that currently must be hurting performance :)
Grumpy old man

chuftsmv6

• Intermediate Member
  • stoke on trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 May 2012, 21:17:57 »

chuftsmv6

• Intermediate Member
  • stoke on trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 May 2012, 22:27:50 »

managed to put the latest video on the site :y

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • 99,3.0 MV6 Est Ex Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 June 2012, 11:21:04 »

really want to see this up close!! where in uk are you....???
How much of a headache was the ecu to wire into the omegas already fkin orqward wiring loom!!
ive noticed u had to move the abs system to battery area did you have to mod the steering linkage from hitting the block/bellhousing??
i was thinking of going down the V8 route at some stage but if a 3.0 supra twin t comes up @ right money i may be tempted.. but the manual gearbox alone are goin for around £600!! im looking for a 2500jz engine for another toy ive got & a mate uses same engine in his 83 corrola drift car & it fkin flys!! but the 200bhp 3.0v6 goes ok for a big car with 250bhp should be alot better but a car close on 2tones 300bhp+ would be awesome keep up the good work!! hope you wrote down what onnects to what & what youve had to mod to get her in the mig!!! was it a v6 or 4pot to start with...???

chuftsmv6

• Intermediate Member
  • stoke on trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 June 2012, 07:15:19 »

hi there thanks most of the install has gone ok the only real problem i had was finding a manual gearbox they are so exspensive and hard to find i ended up driving up to scotland to get one 1000 miles round trip the cheapest i could find was the w58 it owed me 600 quid with fuel cost all in :'( and thats alot of money to me cus i aint that flush lol but really wanted her to be manual more fun i think. the wiring is  working out better than i thought there is only 4 or five wires roughly and the car will run im not an expert this is my first conversion so learning alot of stuff as i go on it was a3.0 v6 originaly but the head went on me twice :'( i had three or four years out of her so wasnt to painfull :)  i will make a thread once its all finished to show anyone who would like to have a go it should be a great conversion and really fun to drive when finished hopefully thanks again for the nice comments
 :y :y

« Last Edit: 02 June 2012, 07:30:44 by chuftsmv6 »

omega3000

« Reply #22 on: 02 June 2012, 07:57:49 »

hi there thanks most of the install has gone ok the only real problem i had was finding a manual gearbox they are so exspensive and hard to find i ended up driving up to scotland to get one 1000 miles round trip the cheapest i could find was the w58 it owed me 600 quid with fuel cost all in :'( and thats alot of money to me cus i aint that flush lol but really wanted her to be manual more fun i think. the wiring is  working out better than i thought there is only 4 or five wires roughly and the car will run im not an expert this is my first conversion so learning alot of stuff as i go on it was a3.0 v6 originaly but the head went on me twice :'( i had three or four years out of her so wasnt to painfull :) i will make a thread once its all finished to show anyone who would like to have a go it should be a great conversion and really fun to drive when finished hopefully thanks again for the nice comments
 :y :y

That would be great fella , i would be interested and sure others would too  :y If i ever get the funds to do a similar conversion i would so will be interesting to see how you did it .  8)

GmasterT

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambridge
  • does that drifting thing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 June 2012, 21:33:26 »

Good work, I remember talking to Julian at garage d about doing this but I'm going down the v8 route now.

6-700 can be seen on stock internals, big turbo, cams, injectors and supporting mods see that, I'd live a go in it :D

Where abouts are you based?  :y

albitz

« Reply #24 on: 08 June 2012, 22:09:05 »

Oh I do like that. :y....A lad I used to work with had a Supra which was kicking out 600bhp. Might have to go and nick his engine. 8) ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #25 on: 08 June 2012, 22:53:25 »

Oh I do like that. :y ....A lad I used to work with had a Supra which was kicking out 600bhp. Might have to go and nick his engine. 8) ;D

so you will guarantee a late night visit from me ;D

albitz

« Reply #26 on: 08 June 2012, 23:24:05 »

A joint venture Cem. :y :D ;D

omega3000

« Reply #27 on: 09 June 2012, 13:04:06 »

Oh I do like that. :y....A lad I used to work with had a Supra which was kicking out 600bhp. Might have to go and nick his engine. 8) ;D

Thats pretty low for a supra , think i seen one 900bhp some where  :-\

barclay03

• Intermediate Member
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 June 2012, 20:35:16 »

A conversion i thought about, spurred on by a mate who puts these into a few things...including a 600ish bhp version into a pick up lol

GmasterT

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambridge
  • does that drifting thing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09 June 2012, 23:19:49 »

Thats pretty low for a supra , think i seen one 900bhp some where  :-\

Yeah, there's a supra in the bdc at around 1200 courtesy of cosworth, but it's far from standard. The standard internals can take around 600 which is the beauty of them
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.