Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: As promised, some LPG pictures  (Read 13487 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: As promised, some LPG pictures
« Reply #30 on: 29 July 2008, 10:25:58 »

No probem. :y

He got those nozzles close to the petrol injectors. :o

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

mkaminski100

• Basingstoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 29 July 2008, 10:42:20 »

Very close indeed. I know that nozzles should be fitted at max 75 degree. Mine are different so I cant place them so close :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07 August 2008, 11:19:47 »

Kevin – excellent job. Professional job and professional guide. Is there a chance to stick it as a guide?
Do you mind Kev if I will also post it on polish forum? It’s a great chance to see how it should be installed. I could bribe you with this ;) http://www.myomega.ovh.org/podstrony/porady/landirenzoomegas/dysze_kolektor/dyszekolektor.htm
Would prefer it if you simply linked to this page, if that is at all possible :)
Grumpy old man

mkaminski100

• Basingstoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07 August 2008, 12:04:28 »

Kevin – excellent job. Professional job and professional guide. Is there a chance to stick it as a guide?
Do you mind Kev if I will also post it on polish forum? It’s a great chance to see how it should be installed. I could bribe you with this ;) http://www.myomega.ovh.org/podstrony/porady/landirenzoomegas/dysze_kolektor/dyszekolektor.htm
Would prefer it if you simply linked to this page, if that is at all possible :)
I wouldnt copy anything from one place to another without adding a source. Only a link was supplied. I hope this is ok.
http://forum.omegaklub.eu/viewtopic.php?t=17431

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07 August 2008, 12:13:22 »

<paranoid> Plugs the page into a translator so see what they're saying about me.</Paranoid>

I think someone mentioned the brand of tank. My tank appears to be made by a company called GZWM. (Grodkowskie Zak[ch322]ady Wyrobów Metalowych S.A.).

Sounds like it might mean more to you than me, Marcin. ;)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

mkaminski100

• Basingstoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07 August 2008, 12:26:47 »

http://www.gzwm.com.pl/strona/about_us
As requested. I never heard about them, but it doesn’t mean that their tanks are not good. I think it’s an old company specialized in fire extinguisher production but now they had a chance to go into car industry. I also assume that most of their production is exported to UK, Belgium, Holland where I found similar tanks. Your level gage is better secured than in STAKO tank. Apart from that they are same.

I didn’t thought that your tank is also made in Poland. I have mentioned that you have different tank, but STAG (most popular in PL) is popular in UK as well.
I also teased them about DIY conversion as it it illegal in my country. It has to be installed by approved installer with proper certificates. We also have to inform equivalen of DVLA.
Guys were asking about your tow bar because in Germany it has to be detachable at any time. In Poland it’s not required but yours is something between – you can take it off but need to take nuts and bolts before.
I also added info about your tank. :)
« Last Edit: 07 August 2008, 12:31:51 by mkaminski100 »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07 August 2008, 14:03:55 »

Guys were asking about your tow bar because in Germany it has to be detachable at any time. In Poland it’s not required but yours is something between – you can take it off but need to take nuts and bolts before.
I also added info about your tank. :)

Interesting... Mine is the traditional UK style tow bar which dates back from a time when we had imperial sized balls (quiet at the back!) in addition to the 50mm metric ones. You can obviously change the ball if necessary. Only in the last 10-15 years have the swan neck style become more popular.

Kevin

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 22 August 2008, 23:16:49 »

Thought I'd add a few last pictures. The mapping software:

The main settings where we configure the type of engine, the criteria for switching from and to petrol and so on. On the right hand side are the live data variables from the LPG ECU which are updated continuously while the software is talking to the ECU.

The little injector - shaped images below the live variables can be used to switch individual cylinders between petrol and LPG. Very useful if you're looking for a cylinder that's misfiring.

The map. This is where the main adjustment of the fuelling on LPG is made. The orange line represents the factor by which the injector opening time (and hence desired fuel delivery) from the main ECU is multiplied when used to determine how much LPG to inject.

The green and blue curves (almost on top of each other - as they should be) represent the observed injector duration from the main ECU under various load conditions. Essentially, mapping is the process by which the orange line is adjusted to try to match the green curve with the blue curve.

At the bottom of the display a selection of the live data variables can be plotted against time, and the trace can be saved for later analysis. Useful for finding issues that only occur on the road.

Minispud

• Intermediate Member
  • Banbury, Oxfordshire
  • Ride hard with Passion
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 23 August 2008, 20:41:11 »

How far can you push the engine as far as tuning go's (Turbos / Supercharging) when running on LPG ????
D.A.R.N.A Cycles.   Ride with Passion in your Heart

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 23 August 2008, 21:31:04 »

Kevin, did you add extra multiplier points for the mapping? I only seem to get the 2 from auto cal and 4 in between. I think I might well try adding some more and remap it :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #40 on: 26 August 2008, 19:50:50 »

Kevin, today I showed your LPG conversion pictures to my mechanic friends..They are really impressed by your work..And the first sentence they said "this man is professional"  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 30 August 2008, 00:51:30 »

How far can you push the engine as far as tuning go's (Turbos / Supercharging) when running on LPG ????

It's a high octane fuel so as far as you can on Petrol and then some. If you inject it as a vapour you will always get slightly less power but can run more compression / boost due to the higher octane.

Inject it as a liquid, however....  It will have real potential when liquid injection becomes more widespread IMHO.

Kevin, did you add extra multiplier points for the mapping? I only seem to get the 2 from auto cal and 4 in between. I think I might well try adding some more and remap it

Yes, you can add more points to the map. Right click on the orange line where you want one IIRC.

"this man is professional"

:-[ Hmm. This man doesn't take photos of things he's ashamed of.

Kevin

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 30 August 2008, 01:17:08 »

Kevin, have you ever managed to get the fuel gauge to work properly, no matter what i do i cannot get mine to read anything aside from full or empty.

Cracking pics BTW

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 30 August 2008, 12:24:07 »

Mine works fine, but the gauge is different as it's a 4 hole tank.

I would find out what resistance your gauge is and configure the ECU accordingly then, if you have 250 miles of range on the tank, for example, go into the software after 50,100,150 and 200 miles and note down the voltage from the sensor. You then have the threshold voltage to set for each LED step on the display.

Kevin

Track-day Bob

• Northamptonshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 30 August 2008, 15:55:54 »

I convereted to lpg about 1200 miles ago and everything has been fine until this week when the engine management light came on and it keeps putting the car in safe running mode.  

Does anyone know if there is a particular sensor that might be causing this and can you it be adjusted or reset?

thanks Carl
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.