Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: As promised, some LPG pictures  (Read 13491 times)

cem_devecioglu

Re: As promised, some LPG pictures
« Reply #45 on: 30 August 2008, 20:42:22 »

How far can you push the engine as far as tuning go's (Turbos / Supercharging) when running on LPG ????

It's a high octane fuel so as far as you can on Petrol and then some. If you inject it as a vapour you will always get slightly less power but can run more compression / boost due to the higher octane.

Inject it as a liquid, however....  It will have real potential when liquid injection becomes more widespread IMHO.

Kevin, did you add extra multiplier points for the mapping? I only seem to get the 2 from auto cal and 4 in between. I think I might well try adding some more and remap it

Yes, you can add more points to the map. Right click on the orange line where you want one IIRC.

"this man is professional"

:-[ Hmm. This man doesn't take photos of things he's ashamed of.

Kevin

:) No need to be humble :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 30 August 2008, 22:18:08 »

Quote:
Kevin, did you add extra multiplier points for the mapping? I only seem to get the 2 from auto cal and 4 in between. I think I might well try adding some more and remap it

Yes, you can add more points to the map. Right click on the orange line where you want one IIRC.

I guess I'll be re-mapping mine then... Mind you, it's nearly time for a 1000 mile check!!! By the time I go to Heathrow and back tomorrow with my neighbour I'll be over that :y :y :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 30 August 2008, 22:31:09 »

I convereted to lpg about 1200 miles ago and everything has been fine until this week when the engine management light came on and it keeps putting the car in safe running mode.  

Does anyone know if there is a particular sensor that might be causing this and can you it be adjusted or reset?

thanks Carl

Have you tried the pedal trick ??? brake pedal to the floor, throttle to the floor, switch engine on but DO NOT START ...

EML will flash out any error codes, count the flashes (10 = 0)

Post up results here or look on http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/

PS ... might be best starting a new thread in General Help rather than hijacking Kev's picture thread ..  :)

HTH
« Last Edit: 30 August 2008, 22:46:00 by entwood »

Track-day Bob

• Northamptonshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 02 September 2008, 16:14:45 »

Thanks for the advice.  :y

Codes highlighted multiple misfire, confirmed by dealership. They suspect a burnt out LPG injector.  :(

Dealer thinks this is a common problem with LPG conversions, but has anyone else heard if this is a common problem and what, if anything, can be done to rectify it?  

Martin_1962

« Reply #49 on: 05 September 2008, 09:52:17 »

Thanks for the advice.  :y

Codes highlighted multiple misfire, confirmed by dealership. They suspect a burnt out LPG injector.  :(

Dealer thinks this is a common problem with LPG conversions, but has anyone else heard if this is a common problem and what, if anything, can be done to rectify it?  

Plugs

I had this - worn out plugs

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 05 September 2008, 10:02:39 »

LPG will rapidly find ANY problems with the HT side of the ignition .. plugs/leads/coils packs/DIS .. whichever you have .. check them first !!

If there is not a decent fat spark LPG will not ignite ... :(

A single LPG injector fail would not give "multiple" missfires .. it would only affect 1 cylinder.

« Last Edit: 05 September 2008, 10:03:57 by entwood »

Track-day Bob

• Northamptonshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 05 September 2008, 10:28:42 »

It ended up being debris stuck in the injectors... garage cleared it and it runs like a dream again!  :)

Not sure quite how the debris got there in the first place, I suspect a lack of cleanliness when they fitted the lpg system.

I will bear in mind your comments regarding the ignition system for any furture misfire problems.

They also managed to move the filler from under the rear bumper to next to the petrol filler, why they didn't do this in the first place I don't know, but at least it is sorted now.  :) :)

Many thanks to everyone on the forum, your help has been invaluable!  :y :y :y
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.