Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cat scrap value?  (Read 3005 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Cat scrap value?
« on: 22 October 2023, 20:55:59 »

I am starting downsizing.

Scrapyards here in Spain don’t offer you money for stuff but kindly recycle it for you.

I have six 16 inch Elite mini facelift wheels which might be of value here to an Omega owner.

What would a uk scrap yard pay for rims for scrap?

I definitely have two but probably 4 cats round the back of my garage. If I sawed them off the complete exhausts and brought them to the uk on next trip, what would a scrapyard pay for them?
Do UK scrapyards ask for vehicle/ individual Id etc which might make it a non starter?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Cat scrap value?
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2023, 21:21:38 »

cats - depends on whether 2.5/3.0 or 2.6/3.2 - the latter are worthless.
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 October 2023, 21:34:57 »

I have 4 genuine new, still in the boxes, Nissan Navara D40 Alloy wheels in my garage loft. I also had a pair of hardly used headlights and taillights from the same D40 Navara. I took them to our local car breakers and offered him these parts for free. He said he needed the vehicle VIN and any other documentation to prove that they came off our vehicle. The D40 has long since gone so he wouldn’t accept them, even for free.  :-\
I ended up taking the headlights and taillights to the tip but still have the alloys. Seems a shame to dump them but they’re of no use to me.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2023, 22:48:00 »

I have 4 genuine new, still in the boxes, Nissan Navara D40 Alloy wheels in my garage loft. I also had a pair of hardly used headlights and taillights from the same D40 Navara. I took them to our local car breakers and offered him these parts for free. He said he needed the vehicle VIN and any other documentation to prove that they came off our vehicle. The D40 has long since gone so he wouldn’t accept them, even for free.  :-\
I ended up taking the headlights and taillights to the tip but still have the alloys. Seems a shame to dump them but they’re of no use to me.

eBay  :y

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 October 2023, 23:07:36 »

eBay  :y

We did consider eBay but as every Nissan D40 Navara owner had new wheels on recall, eBay was flooded with the things.  :(  We had fitted our own bigger, wider wheels so they just gave us the new alloys in the boxes. I’m hopeless at getting around to advertising and selling things.  :-[
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 October 2023, 23:20:13 »

2.5 mini facelift
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 October 2023, 23:49:21 »

Rough guess - £100 a pair. I wouldnt be surprised if it was quite a bit more than that.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 October 2023, 08:32:20 »

Rough guess - £100 a pair. I wouldnt be surprised if it was quite a bit more than that.

Great, and alloys for scrap?

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 October 2023, 08:45:13 »

When you visit the UK look up local scrap yards and give them a ring in advance for a price.

I saw some one selling a car and was asking for offers.  Silly prices were offered as you would have guessed they would be.  But the guy refused them all saying the scrapyard price was £480ish, so not sure if prices are up or down at moment.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 October 2023, 14:27:01 »

The 4 off 2.6/3.2's were tallying up at £350 a year or two ago, problem with Omega cats is the codes are on the covers which inevitably rotted off years ago so scrappies can't be arsed and offer pennies, I do have the original codes written down.... somewhere
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 October 2023, 14:29:43 »

The 4 off 2.6/3.2's were tallying up at £350 a year or two ago, problem with Omega cats is the codes are on the covers which inevitably rotted off years ago so scrappies can't be arsed and offer pennies, I do have the original codes written down.... somewhere

Small cat GM63
Big Cat GM50
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 October 2023, 20:23:14 »

Cat scrap prices are well down currently as China is not buying them
Alloys normally tenner a wheel

YZ250, try joining the Nissan Navara parts page on faceache and tout your wheels on there

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 October 2023, 20:45:45 »

2.5-3.0L cats with downpipes are worth £150 a set, 2.6-3.2L owners love em, get set of bosses in them, stops the pre-cat codes.
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.