Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Region 3 DVDs  (Read 514 times)

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
Region 3 DVDs
« on: 24 October 2009, 17:08:42 »

Interesting problem - hope someone has some ideas.

I returned from Singapore with a few genuine dvds - they are region 3 NTSC and my home theatre is NTSC/PAL/Multi. Cannot get any of them to play - just says "wrong region". I have run the mulitregion hack on my system - have tried with other players including pc - all give same result. Any ideas?
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

HolyCount

Re: Region 3 DVDs
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2009, 17:28:21 »

There are ways & means -- but they is naughty and not allowed to be discussed here

Martin_1962

« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2009, 17:49:58 »

Actually defeating region control is not illegal and in some countries (eg Austrailia) single region players are illegal.

Martin_1962

« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2009, 17:50:35 »

Might be easiest to deregion the PC

waspy

« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2009, 18:05:09 »

Around a year ago i posted up on here a website that you can obtain a code for your DVD player which makes it region free. I don't have the website any more. I know some on here found it useful, maybe someone can remember or have it saved to favs

waspy

« Reply #5 on: 24 October 2009, 18:09:27 »

waspy

« Reply #6 on: 24 October 2009, 18:13:07 »

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 October 2009, 18:24:14 »

Thanks guys - just got them running on an older laptop which gives me a number of region switches using InterDVD.

Will have a go at connecting laptop to tv after the football.

KillerWatt

« Reply #8 on: 24 October 2009, 19:37:06 »

I have run the mulitregion hack on my system - have tried with other players including pc - all give same result. Any ideas?
You either haven't run the hack correctly, or it doesn't apply to your particular model.

As far as the PC goes, your drive will be region locked by default (at the 5th change) unless you modify the firmware.

If you don't fancy messing about with firmwares (which can completely f**k hardware if you get it wrong), use DVD Decrypter to strip the region (and Macro) protection, then burn back to DVD-R and watch it on anything.
« Last Edit: 24 October 2009, 19:39:21 by KillerWatt »

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 October 2009, 20:05:49 »

I have run the mulitregion hack on my system - have tried with other players including pc - all give same result. Any ideas?
You either haven't run the hack correctly, or it doesn't apply to your particular model.

As far as the PC goes, your drive will be region locked by default (at the 5th change) unless you modify the firmware.

If you don't fancy messing about with firmwares (which can completely f**k hardware if you get it wrong), use DVD Decrypter to strip the region (and Macro) protection, then burn back to DVD-R and watch it on anything.
It may end up with this solution - not what I had intended - I have couple of older dvd players - will mess with them soon. Tonight anyway will watch one with laptop linked to tv and pc speakers in use - not too bad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.