Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Random locking issue

(1/3) > >>

iansoutham:
Have noticed recently that when locking the car with the remote, not always do all the door lock. There will be a random one or 2 that stays unlocked.

Example would be working fine, then lock the car and all but the drivers rear locks. Next time, might be both drivers doors. Then might work for a few times and then passenger rear door (example).

If you press the lock button again to deadlock, they lock. If you unlock and try again, they lock fine. Always unlock fine.

You can tell if one has not locked by the sound. When not working properly, you get like a slurping sound, but a resounding clunk when they all work if that makes sense.

Other thing is that the alarm horn was removed years ago but have put another horn on and still makes no noise, just flashes lights. Even tried a proper car horn with no sound, related?

Power Sounder was binned in 2015 so that gone.

Part of me thinks CDL unit? Have not done a Tech 2 yet but suspect will not show anything.

Car has been used almost daily during last year as well so not due to being left parked up either.

Thoughts?

Doctor Gollum:
Can the Omega be programmed to only unlock the drivers door? A side effect of pressing both buttons at the same time on most cars. Unlikely given other symptoms.

Locks won't work of the door is/or the car thinks it is open. So the contact switches could be the issue.

Just because you drive it every day doesn't preclude damp from being the cause, especially if the aircon doesn't work as, iirc, your commute doesn't actually warm the car up ;)

In order,

Contact switches
Failing CL motors (all 4)
Wiring

iansoutham:
Car does not mist up anymore so hoping/guessing leaks all gone.

Am thinking microswitches and possibly osr door lock/motor as that seems the most common.

Just hoping for some better ideas before I go ripping it all to pieces in April

iansoutham:
Update....

Ordered a couple of rear door motors from Omegaspares and they arrived a couple of weeks ago.

Finally got round to changing the OSR one last week and so far it is all working properly, every time.

It makes me wonder if that one is the failing one (being the most common one) and it is too slow to move, therefore using too much power and causing other random ones not to latch in time? The unlock and re-locking simply allows it to finish making the movement. The removed one is free to move, like the replacements.

What makes me think this is that even the noise of the fuel flap motor has gone (it would sometimes squeal as it locked, normally signalling that something was not locked).

Enceladus:
It might be the microswitches in the motors that are failing. The offside rear seems to be common. Keep the old motors as they can be refurbed by replacing the microswitches and cleaning and re-greasing the motor screw.

I don't bother with the deadlocks any more, not since the lock on the passenger side front of a Carlton failed with the deadlock on. It was a right pain to get the door opened with no damage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version