Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

windscreen replacement

(1/4) > >>

tigers_gonads:
Mines had a few chips / marks on it since i've had it (7 years) but has now started to split in the off side bottom corner.
Its covered on the insurance policy (100 quid excess) but we all know if you claim, the next premium WILL go up regardless of whatever ballcocks the insurance company says so the question is .................

Insurance job OR Cash job ?

Has anybody on here actually paid cash for a windscreen / new seal recently ?
If so, how much ?

TIA  :)

dave the builder:
I think it needs to be unrepairable accident to get it done on insurance ,even paying the excess  :-\
they may offer to repair chips and class scratches etc are wear n tear

it would be handy if a lorry flicked up a big rock to properly **** the screen (so repair is NOT possible)  if you go the insurance route  ;D
and with all the seals and trim involved to do the job properly and the cost of a screen I imagine it would be expensive

TheBoy:
I am pretty certain that any crack will mean it can be done under the glass cover.

Though as the OP says, I notice when you apply for new policies now, there is a question along the lines of "have you made a claim in the last X years, including any windscreen claims"...

Doctor Gollum:
Around £200 last time I asked.  :y

tigers_gonads:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 27 March 2021, 12:25:08 ---Around £200 last time I asked.  :y

--- End quote ---

Mmmm
Decisions decisions  :-\
Might make a few phone calls on monday morning before work with a cash / offer  ;)
I haven't had a claim on the car insurance in well over 15 years and are pretty proud tbh.
Especially how I do like to rag the car around when quite (and allowed out)  :-X ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version