Chat Area > General Discussion Area

F1

(1/3) > >>

Varche:
Enjoyed that. Damp races always show talent.

Mr Skrunts:
Yes was a good race, Enjoying this season so far :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
Bottas is lucky to be alive. The halo appeared to prevent Russells wheel going into the cockpit and probably breaking his neck.
Hamilton actually made two mistakes (slow getaway and lack of patience lapping backmarkers), which is probably more than he has made in the last two or three years.
Maybe feeling a bit of pressure ?
If his reverse gear button hadnt taken about 15 seconds to engage the gear, he may well have still caught Verstappen and we could have had dogfight right at the end. Having said that, its a very difficult track to overtake on.
My money is till on Hamilton for the title, unless Red Bull can  give their car a very serious advantage.
I dont think Verstappen has all the attributes to beat Hamilton on merit over the course of a season. Too impetuous and confidence that is over the line into arrogance, which will trip him up under serious pressure, as it did at the first race.
Its going to be an interesting season whatever happens.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:

--- Quote from: Migv6 le Frog Fan on 19 April 2021, 11:36:50 ---Bottas is lucky to be alive. The halo appeared to prevent Russells wheel going into the cockpit and probably breaking his neck.
Hamilton actually made two mistakes (slow getaway and lack of patience lapping backmarkers), which is probably more than he has made in the last two or three years.
Maybe feeling a bit of pressure ?
If his reverse gear button hadnt taken about 15 seconds to engage the gear, he may well have still caught Verstappen and we could have had dogfight right at the end. Having said that, its a very difficult track to overtake on.
My money is till on Hamilton for the title, unless Red Bull can  give their car a very serious advantage.
I dont think Verstappen has all the attributes to beat Hamilton on merit over the course of a season. Too impetuous and confidence that is over the line into arrogance, which will trip him up under serious pressure, as it did at the first race.
Its going to be an interesting season whatever happens.

--- End quote ---

I think young George got his knickers in a twist and was to blame for the accident.

Landrover Norris is good but looks so young I half expect his Mum to come along lick her hanky and then wipe the snot from beneath his nose. ;D ;D 

TheBoy:
So, to make F1 even slightly remotely interesting, it has to be wet.  That about says what is wrong with the sport.

I watched the Ch4 highlights, and the 2 hour show over an hour of the usual talking utter drivel, and spent a lot of time showing the safety car period.  So clearly, even with the rain, the racing was non existent and dull, as they must have been struggling for content.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version