Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Car  (Read 2551 times)

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
New Car
« on: 09 December 2015, 00:52:05 »

Well youngest daughter recently passed her test and I had to put my hand in my pocket as I promised her a car when she passed (think she must have plied me with drink)

Bought her (her choice) a Citroen C1, low mileage on '13 plate, with just under 12 months Citroen warrany left.  Seems a nice little (little being the operative word) car, extremely well specced for the money.  Took me back when I test drove it - had to think why it had 3 pedals - nice box, didn't need the 3rd pedal once it was moving ;)  Quite nippy too for a 1 litre.

Anyone any experience of these? Seems to be good in terms of reliability - anyone know of potential issues on these?

1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
Re: New Car
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2015, 15:04:31 »

Nice one dbug , should last her a good few years  ;)
Omegatitis

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 December 2015, 15:54:50 »

Cute looking car an ideal girly car, hope it serves her well  :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 December 2015, 16:40:16 »

Looks good :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 December 2015, 17:34:59 »

I bought SWMBO a 60 plate C3 the Christmas before last, it had 20+a bit thousand miles on the clock.
When it started to tell me it was overheating - it was obvious that it wasn't - I went to Citroen for a replacement engine temp sensor, where I was told there was a mod on the 1.6 petrol engine fitted in her car. The original temp sensor is integral to the thermostat housing, so the mod is to fit the new sensor into the bleed/vent at the top. I got them to fit it ..... partly cos I didn't want to get my hands dirty & partly so I had some come back on the official mod.
On collecting the car I was tod that there was an oil leak from the solenoid that sends oil to the variable cam set up ...... Citroen know about it so were willing to contribute 80% to the job, but that would still leave me with £200 to pay. Also, there's a leak from the water pump ..... kerching £270 please. A little digging revealed that Citroen also know about that one too because the replacement pumps are cast ally instead of the original plastic. When I asked them for a contribution towards that too, they effectively paid for the pump & I paid £200 labour. Maybe a year later, I/she got an EML saying that a cam sensor was goosed. When paying for a new one (c£25) I was told which one it would be ....... it's always that one!  ??? Despite being an auto, it stalls most cold mornings at exactly the same spot ........ Citroen have had it back to have a look, the best advise they can offer is that because the battery could be better, try a new one.
To give Citroen their due, they didn't charge me while they looked, and they replaced a blown headlight bulb FOC the first time it went back  :y :y

Other than that ..........  ;D

Good luck ..... it's Fench  ;) :y :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 December 2015, 17:43:21 »

I thought there would be reams of Francophobic comments on this thread by now!  ::)  ;D

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 09 December 2015, 18:05:15 »

I thought there would be reams of Francophobic comments on this thread by now!  ::)  ;D
Nah.......it's all been used up on me.  :(

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 09 December 2015, 18:07:06 »

I bought SWMBO a 60 plate C3 the Christmas before last, it had 20+a bit thousand miles on the clock.
When it started to tell me it was overheating - it was obvious that it wasn't - I went to Citroen for a replacement engine temp sensor, where I was told there was a mod on the 1.6 petrol engine fitted in her car. The original temp sensor is integral to the thermostat housing, so the mod is to fit the new sensor into the bleed/vent at the top. I got them to fit it ..... partly cos I didn't want to get my hands dirty & partly so I had some come back on the official mod.
On collecting the car I was tod that there was an oil leak from the solenoid that sends oil to the variable cam set up ...... Citroen know about it so were willing to contribute 80% to the job, but that would still leave me with £200 to pay. Also, there's a leak from the water pump ..... kerching £270 please. A little digging revealed that Citroen also know about that one too because the replacement pumps are cast ally instead of the original plastic. When I asked them for a contribution towards that too, they effectively paid for the pump & I paid £200 labour. Maybe a year later, I/she got an EML saying that a cam sensor was goosed. When paying for a new one (c£25) I was told which one it would be ....... it's always that one!  ??? Despite being an auto, it stalls most cold mornings at exactly the same spot ........ Citroen have had it back to have a look, the best advise they can offer is that because the battery could be better, try a new one.
To give Citroen their due, they didn't charge me while they looked, and they replaced a blown headlight bulb FOC the first time it went back  :y :y

Other than that ..........  ;D

After the big build-up...you blew it!  ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 December 2015, 18:28:33 »

After the big build-up...you blew it!  ;D

I hadn't notcied that  ;D ;D ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 December 2015, 18:47:52 »

A nice father would have given her his XJ :P  ;D

Congrats on the pass :y
Grumpy old man

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #10 on: 09 December 2015, 23:51:32 »

A nice father would have given her his XJ :P  ;D

Congrats on the pass :y

5 lits and an inexperienced driver not really a sensible combination ::) and anyway I would then have had to go back to using SWIMBOs Omega full time - no camparison really.   Anyway she's well happy with her 1 lit -says its faster than her driving school car, which was a red one ;D ;D ;D
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 December 2015, 13:54:54 »

Nice little car, Mr Dbug.....and as others have said plenty powerful enough for a 'girlie' :y

....but why not spoil her with an immaculate Citroen SM. ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 December 2015, 14:01:58 »

....but why not spoil her with an immaculate Citroen SM. ;D

they are very nice  :y ....... but again, not without more than their fair share of problems even when new  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.