Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Keswick meet, 27/28/29 June 2008 - who is going??  (Read 40271 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Keswick meet, 27/28/29 June 2008 - who is going??
« Reply #180 on: 23 May 2008, 15:11:13 »

Being new and all that what is the format of these meets? obviously they are over a weekend but what sort of activities take place?
You are free to do as you please - some people may go out sightseeing for the day, and join up with the OOFers in the evening, when we tend to sit around a BBQ, chat, drink, talk rubbish, drink, talk, drink, and have a drink.

During the day, there will undoubtedly be some spanner twiddling going on, and a chance to look over other Omegas etc.  Last year, we also did the England v Scotland footie match, which was a bloody good laugh.  I hope there is a rematch.  Possibly some other games, eg rounders etc, that the young ones can join in?

Did you mention that we also have a drink? ::) ;D

:o

Just the one, Bob?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 23 May 2008, 16:45:54 »

Being new and all that what is the format of these meets? obviously they are over a weekend but what sort of activities take place?
You are free to do as you please - some people may go out sightseeing for the day, and join up with the OOFers in the evening, when we tend to sit around a BBQ, chat, drink, talk rubbish, drink, talk, drink, and have a drink.

During the day, there will undoubtedly be some spanner twiddling going on, and a chance to look over other Omegas etc.  Last year, we also did the England v Scotland footie match, which was a bloody good laugh.  I hope there is a rematch.  Possibly some other games, eg rounders etc, that the young ones can join in?

Just the one, Bob?

Kevin

Nah not me Kev - I don't drink. :-X ;D ;D
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 25 May 2008, 19:21:52 »

Right, just looked at the post and seems to be a good laugh, BUT takeing into consideration the mileage and cost's involved to get there unfortunatley I am unable to attend this meet. For me to get there it will take me approx 9 hours whilst towing a caravan, which is to long for at the moment, fuel wise it would be four tank fulls of fuel and at the current fuel prices this will cost me approx £260 just to get there and back.

Paul  :y
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 26 May 2008, 12:42:57 »

Right, just looked at the post and seems to be a good laugh, BUT takeing into consideration the mileage and cost's involved to get there unfortunatley I am unable to attend this meet. For me to get there it will take me approx 9 hours whilst towing a caravan, which is to long for at the moment, fuel wise it would be four tank fulls of fuel and at the current fuel prices this will cost me approx £260 just to get there and back.

Paul  :y
Get a tent then  :P

Or see if someone has spare rooms in their mansion tent ;D
Grumpy old man

cbs2

• Intermediate Member
  • East Kilbride
  • Right....Fire Up The Quattro!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 26 May 2008, 13:47:44 »

Just the one, Bob?

Kevin

Do I sense a theme starting here?? ;D ;D
To all the newer members & guys still deciding whether to go, I've never been to a meet dahn saff before & never met any of the names south of the border on here before. But I'm dying to go!! And so is mrs cbs2.
We do a no bad meet up here ( see the pics) So the same kind of meet with the same friendly folk, but on a bigger scale with beer involved - hell yeah I'm there 8-)
Taking part in the 2010 sucata split charity banger run. www.sucatasplit.com
www.boozebrothers2010.co.uk
Ex-mig owner................For now

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 26 May 2008, 13:55:36 »

Just the one, Bob?

Kevin

Do I sense a theme starting here?? ;D ;D
To all the newer members & guys still deciding whether to go, I've never been to a meet dahn saff before & never met any of the names south of the border on here before. But I'm dying to go!! And so is mrs cbs2.
We do a no bad meet up here ( see the pics) So the same kind of meet with the same friendly folk, but on a bigger scale with beer involved - hell yeah I'm there 8-)
Be good to get a few more of the jocks down - you lost badly at the England v Scotland footie match last year ;D
Grumpy old man

psychnurse

• Omega Baron
  • Leominster, Herefordshire
  • Whats in the fridge today? Beer and Sausages....UM
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 07 June 2008, 17:52:57 »

Spoke to Jamesv6cdx and maria today,they mentioned this meet. Would people mind if I came along??

I might even bring a beer or two!  ;)

I do snore, but I dont smell, and I love migs  ;)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 07 June 2008, 18:33:53 »

Spoke to Jamesv6cdx and maria today,they mentioned this meet. Would people mind if I came along??

I might even bring a beer or two!  ;)

I do snore, but I dont smell, and I love migs  ;)

Everyone is welcome :y
I like red cars

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 07 June 2008, 18:44:27 »

Yes, its open to all OOFers :D

If you are taking pikey wagon or need leccy hookup, read this thread near the start as I think you need to prebook that :y
Grumpy old man

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 07 June 2008, 19:07:49 »

Anyonw who has never been to one of the Meets yet you really are missing out.
Everyone is really friendly, BobDent does an excellent Barbie, a few beers and maybe a sample of Hotel 21's famous Vat of Whiskey :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

psychnurse

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 07 June 2008, 19:21:10 »

WOW! Sound like a night to remember (or not!) So would it be ok if I tagged along?? I will be good  ;)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 07 June 2008, 19:29:00 »

Everyone will be made welcome mate honestly..... they are a great bunch of people apart from Timbuk and Countess ;D
Mrs' and children are welcome, you don't have to sit just at the site, Keswick and Windermere are very close think there was a market on the saturday last year :y
The views from the site are something else....  
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 07 June 2008, 19:43:06 »

WOW! Sound like a night to remember (or not!) So would it be ok if I tagged along?? I will be good  ;)
Of course come along, thats no problem.  Everyone is friendly. Bring the family, they will enjoy as well.

You can go out for a few hours to sightsee etc, or stay around site where I'm sure there will be some tinkering with cars going on.

You can go for boat rides on the lakes, car museum at Keswick, slate mine at the top of Honister Pass, stroll up Scafell Pike - lots to do if you want to go out.  Or stay at site and play Omegas.
Grumpy old man

psychnurse

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 07 June 2008, 19:46:24 »

Stay at site and play omega. (that plus beer!) sounds a great trip to me!  :) :) :) does it not matter that Im a new member ?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 07 June 2008, 20:01:39 »

Stay at site and play omega. (that plus beer!) sounds a great trip to me!  :) :) :) does it not matter that Im a new member ?
It matters little if you are a new member here, or an older member who doesn't post much, or a regular contributer. As long as you have an interest in Omegas, you're very welcome :y
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.