Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pension question..  (Read 3855 times)

STEMO

Re: Pension question..
« Reply #30 on: 24 January 2020, 15:57:59 »

It's really hard, Aaron, I know this from friends and family, but it's got to be done. When I packed up drinking, it was difficult, but when I packed up smoking, that was something else. It was the most difficult thing I've ever had to do. Dieting is even harder, because we all have to eat to live, and the fact that it's an obsession with most people these days doesn't help. Fickin cookery programmes on every day.
But the truth is, if I hadn't packed up when I did (50 a day!), then there's a good chance I wouldn't be here. I came to realise that the reason I was always making excuses not to pack it in was because I was scared, yes, scared of losing a really good friend. I thought it would be impossible. I even thought I'd rather die than pack it in, how f**kin pathetic is that?
It's no good saying that, eventually, you will stop craving, because you never do. Even after 16 years, I still think I'd love a ciggie sometimes. It's a battle you can win, but it's a constant battle.

Alcoholics are taught to take one day at a time, and that's pretty much the same with everything.
I was gonna say 'reward yourself' for small victories, but you already spoil yourself rotten  ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Pension question..
« Reply #31 on: 24 January 2020, 18:24:43 »

I love the way this forum, can go so off topic,  other forums, the admins lock off topic,, But this is oof,  keep it up. Long live the Marina ;D
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 22 queries.