Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: heater problems  (Read 633 times)

thebeast

• View Profile
heater problems
« on: 29 November 2010, 17:06:59 »

I drive an omega 2.5v6 1999 auto do not get heat just warm air , replaced the heater water pump just below the air filter,
there is another one near the radiator but dose that need to work as well or is that for the a/c

would like to know how to test if the pump is working and how many are there on my car is there a pump near the hbv not had a look yet 

Welung666

Re: heater problems
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2010, 17:41:35 »

The electric pumps only circulate the coolant after the engine is switched off. This is to stop any hot spots in the engine causing damage to gaskets etc.. The main water pump is drivern by the aux belt. Are the 2 pipes going through the bulkhead to the matrix hot? Might pay to flush the coolant system through paying particular attention to back flushing the heater matrix :y

thebeast

• View Profile
Re: heater problems
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2010, 18:17:09 »

well i did flush it once and just had radiator changed the heater water pump is always on as it goes round the matrix both pipes are hot but the pump near the radiator dose not not work when i did flush it was really hot for a few days then its gone to warm air so i think it might be something else i have been quoted by dealer to change heater matirx £700 but spoke to a bosch garage they said a diagnosis is £60 but he did say they have got 3 motors on the omega and if they fail they could cause the heater not to work as i just have a plain blower no climate control i have seen 2 motors but i dont know where the 3rd one is but i will see but my vacum resivor front end box has a a broken pipe come off the end and this air leak according to the diagrams is connected to hbv and the whole air system and one broken 1mm air pipe can cause starting problems heating problems, in 8 years i have only broken down 2 times where i have had to call the RAC then now the AA while speaking to the aa man i asked him about the omega how often do u get called out on these he stated since they been making them he has been only called about 10-12 times and they have about 1200 drivers for the uk so u can work out the  math that is very good   but i have covered over 225000 and i dont drive like miss dasiy  :) 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.