Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 400 Radio help  (Read 1363 times)

Bodie

• Lancashire
    • View Profile
400 Radio help
« on: 01 October 2008, 11:58:23 »

Hi guys, when I bought the car the radio will turn on but not work, it states "SAFE" on the centre display and occasionally "6 SAFE", is the radio now locked so I have to take it to local dealer to unlock it, as it could be the plank   >:( who sold it tried 10 times with the wrong code or is it possible that I have to wait up to 620 minutes  :o  to try again as stated in the manual

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
Re: 400 Radio help
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2008, 12:06:27 »

if its been done 10 times its scrap mate !!  :(

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 October 2008, 12:41:38 »

I think "6 Safe" means 6 tries left ... but there is a long wait before you can enter data .. ignition/radio power must remain on during wait period.

Dave DND in ICE & Electrics section is the expert on these things .. :)

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #3 on: 01 October 2008, 22:18:11 »

As said...starts from 10 safe and works its way down if you get it wrong...when its displaying 6 safe thats your chance to enter the code...dont keep trying the wrong code though, you only have 6 more chances and the wait gets longer each time...

When you are driving have the radio on till it says 6 safe...then follow the instrcutions for entering the code if you have it??? Namely...ignition on or in position 2...turn radio off...hold the AS key while turning on radio and keep holding until radio beeps...will then give you the chance to enter the code...worth trying this now anyway as if its already been displaying safe 6 occasionally it may well be ready to accept the code...but if you dont know the code...dont even try it...

I have a replacement 400 unit with code here if you need it...

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2008, 22:46:35 »

The number on the display "6" is how many attempts you have left to enter the code before you HAVE to send it to me, but you will need to wait a very long time with the radio and ignition switched on, could be a couple of hours or so.

Far easier to remove the radio, follow this link and send it over to me, as I can reset, decode and return it for you

http://ice.dndservices.co.uk/shop_show_item.php/ST/car%20400/IID/460/PAGE/shop_search_index.php

if its been done 10 times its scrap mate !!  

Another old wives tale, right up there with sticking it in the freezer - If all attempts have been used up, I can recover it for you, but there is an extra charge for the programming.

8-)
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

markey mark

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 October 2008, 12:03:12 »

The number on the display "6" is how many attempts you have left to enter the code before you HAVE to send it to me, but you will need to wait a very long time with the radio and ignition switched on, could be a couple of hours or so.

Far easier to remove the radio, follow this link and send it over to me, as I can reset, decode and return it for you

http://ice.dndservices.co.uk/shop_show_item.php/ST/car%20400/IID/460/PAGE/shop_search_index.php

if its been done 10 times its scrap mate !!  

Another old wives tale, right up there with sticking it in the freezer - If all attempts have been used up, I can recover it for you, but there is an extra charge for the programming.

8-)

to be honest dave is it worth spending on a car400 to have it re coded i dont think so ! only worth a tenner tops mate !! ::)

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 October 2008, 13:39:36 »

Agreed...postage both ways to have it recoded?? Plus the cost of recoding vs a tenner plus postage costs one way for one with a code...
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

Bodie

• Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 October 2008, 14:00:20 »

TBH I was going to replace it with a different one I bought ages ago, but how much would a cd playing one cost chaps, feel free to pm me with a price :)

markey mark

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 October 2008, 14:01:37 »

unless chris has one about £50/60 on ebay for a cdr500 with code  :y

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 October 2008, 14:12:56 »

Yup have a CDR500 here too with code if you prefer that :) As said £50 plus postage...

Bodie

• Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 October 2008, 19:01:28 »

Thanks for all the advice guys, it finally came to life this evening and accepted the code so I'll see how it is for the time being, again thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.